Summary/Objective: Is responsible for the development, distribution and awarding of monthly schedules for all flight crewmembers. This position will create monthly crew pairings and bid lines as provided by FAA regulations, crew work rules, and company policies. Will oversee a Crew Planner staff and be responsible for the ongoing analysis and optimization of crew resources.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for modeling/projecting crew headcount requirements based on the airlines flight schedule including training and attrition modeling.
- Works closely with schedule analysis and provides feedback into the schedule planning to ensure efficient flight scheduling.
- Reports on changes to regulatory/company work rules and the effect on required head count.
- Oversees the development of the crew pairings and bid lines that comply with the Federal Aviation Regulations, Union Contracts, and Corporate guidance.
- Manages time effectively to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Responsible for monthly bidding and month end resolution. Using either line building or a preferential bidding system software.
- Interacts with other corporate departments when working on monthly schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: The ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; change advocacy; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability. Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as effective problem solving skills. Should be detail oriented and highly organized. Strong Microsoft Excel proficiency required. Experience with Airline Line and Preferential Bidding Systems preferred as well as Sabre’s FLICA system.
Supervisory Responsibility: Position will oversee staff of Crew Planners and will work closely with AA Network Planning Group.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand. Days and hours of work are typically first shift Monday through Friday.
Travel: Less than 10%
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. 1-3 years’ experience in aviation preferably in Crew Planning. Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs with a focus on Excel. Experience with AirFlite software preferred. Highly proficient with both written and verbal communications. Ability to be analytical in a high-pressured environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.