Summary/Objective: The Manager of Dispatch is responsible for the direct oversight of the airline’s daily operation including the supervision of Dispatchers, OCC Coordinators, and the OCC Shift Managers. The Manager of Dispatch interfaces with the Managers of Crew Scheduling and Maintenance Control.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Core Responsibilities
- Train, schedule, and supervise the OCC Shift Managers
- Train, schedule, and supervise the OCC Coordinators
- Train, schedule, and supervise the Aircraft Dispatchers in accordance with the TWU CBA.
- Maintain the Eagle/FliteTrac computer dispatch system (Key User) as dictated by Federal Regulation, the Company Operations Manual, and software user’s manual, ensuring compliance in all areas.
- Assist with the maintenance of the internal statistical database.
- Assist the Director of Training in conducting and maintaining the Dispatcher Training Program, personnel files, and all other training materials deemed necessary.
- Work toward maintaining operations reliability, trip completion factor, and on-time performance, while adhering to the Federal Regulation and prudent safety practices.
- Coordinate emergency procedures in case of incident/accident involving Company aircraft.
- Participate as a committee member on the Dispatch Event Review Committee as detailed under the ASAP agreement.
- Provide Route database maintenance
- Coordinate Navigational Database updates
- Conduct the monthly flight schedule load
- Conduct the Dispatch Audit Program to include Enhanced IOSA
- Administer and Dispatch HFR Fuel program
- Coordinate with AeroData on projects and issues
- Submit payroll for direct reports
- Build other users in other departments into appropriate software and grant access to users
- DECS //TE and RES Admin building
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of OCC.
- In absence duties performed by the Director of OCC.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: coaching; influence; approachability; performance management; problem solving; strong communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position directly supervises aircraft dispatchers, OCC coordinators, and OCC shift managers.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and may be required to climb up and down stairs
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of evening and weekend hours when dictated by the operation or director. Monday through Friday 0800 to 1700 is the regular schedule.
Travel: Some to a little travel may be expected with this position.
Required Education and Experience: Associates Degree or equivalent work experience, Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs, previous Part 121 airline experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Strong analytical skills, advanced knowledge of FAA regulations and previous experience interacting with Maintenance and Crew Scheduling departments preferred.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.