6 months ago
CommutAir is seeking a Manager of Inflight Training for our training facility in Washington Dulles area. The Manager of Inflight Training is a critical position that oversees the Inflight Training Department and the Inflight Training Team. This individual will report to the Director of Inflight, oversee the Inflight Training Specialist and Program Manager, and will ensure the training program meets all regulatory requirements. They will have a comprehensive working knowledge of Company policies, procedures, Flight Attendant Manual, FAA-approved Training Manual, and CFRs.
We are looking for someone who can make a vital contribution to our training department and who is self-starter with strong organizational skills.
* Possess understanding of all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, the 8900 Cabin Safety Subject Index, and Company policies.
* Assume the duties of the Inflight Program Manager in their absence and edit training materials as necessary.
* Review FATM/Training material to ensure adherence of company standard and comply with federal regulations.
* Process training records timely and accurately
* Ensure adequate staffing of Inflight training staff by hiring and training qualified Flight Attendants.
* Collaborate with Training Scheduling on all FA initial and recurrent training.
* Monitor instructor performance and standardization.
* Notify appropriate departments when students complete or fail training.
* Handle sensitive situations with confidentiality and understanding.
* Coordinate facility availability with respective departmental needs.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Inflight.
* Ideal candidate is a problem solver that is extremely detain-oriented, self-directed and self-motivated with a desire to contribute positively to the organization’s reputation and success.
* Strong customer service skills and communications skills (verbal and written).
* Strong knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations and flight attendant training requirements.
* Able to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, handle multiple tasks, meet established targets and work within critical milestones.
* Strong personal and work ethics along with a high level of integrity.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s Degree required or at least 3 years of related work or professional experience in an airline-training role.
* Maintain and obtain current CommutAir Flight Attendant Certification
* Able to work a flexible daily schedule
* Familiar with LMS
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Frame Maker.
* Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
* Must have a valid driver’s license and passport
* Travel as required up to 25%
* Ability to sit, stand and move throughout office/airport for extended period of time as well as meet the physical requirements of the Flight Attendant position.