7 months ago
Compass Airlines is seeking a Manager of Instructor Standards and Administration to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
The primary responsibility of the Manager of Instructor Standards and Administration is to maintain oversight of instructors, classrooms, training assets, devices, and training courseware to ensure that employees are qualified to perform their assigned task.
* At least 3 years experience as pilot in command of a large airplane operated under part 121 or part 135.
* 3-5 years of related work or professional experience in airline training or related areas.
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Hold an airline transport pilot certificate with appropriate ratings for at least one of the airplanes used in the certificate holder's operation.
* AQP Experience or familiarity is strongly preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* The Manager of Instructor Standards and Administration will be highly knowledgeable of all company operation manuals, operations specifications, training manuals and aircraft operating manuals.
* Airline training experience to include training development and conduct of training.
* Experience or familiarity in developing training programs across disciplines (e.g. Pilot, Flight Attendant, and Dispatch).
* Experience as a trainer of an airline discipline.
* Must be able to use a PC and have an understanding of Microsoft office computer products, such as MS Word, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
* Should be comfortable with public speaking, presenting, and addressing a large group of people, including executive-level audiences, Company employees, industry professionals, and regulatory/government agencies (i.e. FAA, DOD, etc).
* Must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills.
* Responsible for ensuring all training production goals are met.
* Conducts specific observations at the direction of the Manager of Flight Operations Training.
* Provides direct feedback to instructors following the observed event to further support the instructor development.
* Provides feedback to Training Management and the Standards and Training Council regarding the overall health of the training program.
* Makes recommendations and assists in the development and improvement of Qualification and Continuing Qualification programs (Instructor/Employee) including curricula, Instructor Guides, scripting and training program courseware and Student training support material
* Conducts Qualification and Continuing Qualification instructor training.
* Ensures that instructors and evaluators are trained in the latest developments within the training program and that they are current in all qualified areas of instruction.
* Maintains direct and routine communication with instructors to keep them informed of changes in training standards.
* Ensures training programs are implemented as written.
* Ensures adequacy in numbers and function of training equipment such as Simulators, Flight Training Devices (FTD), Cockpit Procedures Trainers (CPT), Cabin Trainers and Door Trainers. Exercises oversight authority for daily simulator training operations and responsible for maintaining other devices to provide effective training.
* Provides input for training equipment budgets.
* Ensures training schedules reflect maximum utilization of training equipment and personnel. Maintains assigned programs and processes in an audit ready status.
* Ensures students and instructors are scheduled to assure efficient completion of training within the scope of contracts, Company and FAA guidelines.
* In conjunction with the Manager of Flight Operations Training, reviews the qualifications for the hiring of both instructors and evaluators.
* Implements the human factors training program (including CRM and ACRM) facilitated by the ground instructors.
* The Manager of Instructor Standards and Administration may serve on or chair several committees and boards at the discretion or direction of the Manager of Flight Operations Training. These may include the following:
* Return to Service Board
* Training Review Board
* Standards and Training Council
* SMS Safety Action Group
* Gathers and maintains appropriate data for the purpose of program refinement and program growth decisions. Is responsible for the utilization of analytical tools and processes to maintain and increase Compass Airlines’ training program efficiency and overall student quality.
* Provides simulator and device oversight to ensure that they meet regulatory requirements for effective training. Maintains day-to-day simulator status. Ensures the oversight of the Simulator Quality Management System.
* Liaises as required with the aircraft specific simulator coordinators to ensure optimization and readiness of the available devices.
* Ensures any simulator in use by the Company, or that is being considered for use, has proper FAA certification and approval.
* Develops and provides such reports that are required to track the status of each device in use. Reports actions and activities that maintain the status of the devices to the Manager of Flight Ops Training.
* Interfaces with aircraft specific training managers and the supervisors to ensure consistency in replication between devices and aircraft.
* Primary work is conducted in an office environment.
* Occasional participation in crew training devices may be required.
* Some travel may be required, occasionally on weekends and holidays.
* Occasional travel between the Compass Training Center in Eagan, MN and the Compass Headquarters at MSP, occasional travel between the Training Center and remote training sites is required.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.