23 days ago
The Manager, Operations ensures Airport operations functions in the maximum productivity and efficiency and leads/directs employees in all matters concerning the airport operations.
* Lead and direct Airport Operations employees in matters concerning airport operations
* Ensure airport operations functions operate at maximum productivity and efficiency and that airport operations tools and equipment are in proper working condition
* Manage relationships with other Operations Managers, with supervisors in other company divisions and with airport staff to ensure successful coordination of day-to-day airport operations work
* Manage daily planning and scheduling of people, equipment and resources and resolve questions and conflicts; set and communicate approach for resolving large-scale irregular operations, such as delayed flights, severe weather, natural disasters, etc.
* Communicate to employees and ensure they maintain working knowledge of policies, procedures and service standards as well as the use of standard tools and systems; ensures policies and procedures are adhered to and enforced while maintaining the highest
level of safety and guest service standards
* Resolve employee issues escalated by Leads and Chiefs in close coordination with Employee Support managers; manage compliance and regulatory reporting and associated follow-up with employees, including investigations, on-the-job injuries and drug and alcohol
* Serve as an escalation point of contact in matters where additional guest service or intervention is required; maintain a professional relationship with HA guests including travel agents, assist direct sales and guests with special needs
* Other duties as assigned by Manager
* High School diploma or equivalent work experience
* 1 year of supervisory and management experience
* 2 years of customer service or related experience
* Must be able to successfully manage multiple projects
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work professionally and productively with all levels of employees in various departments.
* Must ensure that accountability measures are effectively maintained and that follow up on actionable items are done in a timely manner
* Must be flexible and adapt well to change
* Computer skills required (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
* Flexible in working various shifts, and be on call and available to support irregular operations (i.e. flight delays/cancellations)
* Must become GSC (Ground Security Coordinator) qualified within 6 months of starting/transferring into position. Will not be able to perform any GSC duties until properly qualified
* Must obtain a Customs and Border Protection seal and be able to work in the Federal Inspection Site
* 3 years supervisory and management experience
* 3 years experience in the airline or hospitality industries
* Proficiency in a second language, particularly Japanese, Mandarin, Korean, Samoan or French
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian®, the world’s most punctual airline as reported by OAG, has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 13 yearsas reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler and
Travel + Leisure have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 89th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai‘i’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (11) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, China,
Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides approximately 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, with a total of more than 250 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow updates on Twitter about Hawaiian (@HawaiianAir) and its special fare offers (@HawaiianFares), and become
a fan on its Facebook page (Hawaiian Airlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
Send This Job to a Friend