4 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
TEAM: People and Culture
POSITION: Manager, Payroll
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, People and Culture
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Senior Vice President, People and Culture, the Manager, Payroll is responsible for the enterprise-wide payroll function at Porter Airlines. The Manager, Payroll leads the payroll team, oversees all payroll processes for both Canada and the United States, and ensures full compliance with all applicable legislation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversees and manages the bi-weekly payroll process for approximately 1,500 salaried and hourly team members across Canada and the United States to ensure the accurate and timely processing of: new hires, position changes, rate changes, promotions, and terminations.
* Safeguards against fraud and other errors by ensuring sufficient controls are in place.
* Ensures all required legislative standards are applied related to source deductions and responds to inquiries from government agencies relating to same.
* Manages all month-end and period-end reporting processes, including the provision of GL uploads to Finance and all payroll-related remittances and reconciliations.
* Plans and facilitates all year-end processes including income tax slips, annual filings and reconciliations, GL account and payroll reconciliations, WSIB/CSST filings, RRSP/DPSP pension adjustments, taxable benefits, etc.
* Develops and implements all required processes to comply with any changes to applicable legislation and updates management on any required actions.
* Partners with P&C and Finance to review cross-functional impacts, reconcile shared data and provide payroll analysis as required.
* Provides a high level of service by responding to all team member inquiries in a timely manner.
* Coaches team members in achieving their goals; develops the team to ensure cross-training in support of business continuity.
* Maintains current and updated payroll documentation, workflow and work procedures.
* Keeps up-to-date regarding legislation of the various courts for garnishees, educate and counsel team members of legislative standards and answer any inquiries related to such.
* Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all payroll records in accordance with Company policy and Canadian and US regulations.
* Reviews and responds to all incoming and outgoing payroll correspondence.
* Initiates payroll setup for all new locations across Canada and the US.
* Supports all government and third-party external payroll audits.
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy.
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Exemplifying Integrity: Treating others fairly, honestly, and respectfully, furthering the integrity of the organization and its relationships of trust with team members and the broader community.
* Inspiring Others: Energizing and inspiring others to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, creating a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in followers.
* People Leadership: Assuming a leadership role in helping others achieve excellent results.
* Leading Change: Recognizing the need for change, being open to new ideas and methods, and championing transformational change within the organization and beyond.
* Post-secondary education in Accounting or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Canadian Payroll Association (CPM) designation or other formal payroll training.
* 5 to 7 years’ progressive payroll experience in a multi-province / mulit-state payroll environment.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience managing a payroll department.
* In-depth knowledge of Avanti preferred. Proficiency in all MS Office applications.
* Progressive leadership experience, with a demonstrated ability to motivate and engage team members.
* Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
* Service-oriented with strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
* Prior airline experience an asset.
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date February 8, 2018
* Reference ID 87-65-53