4 months ago
Coordinates and manages the day-to-day operations of a service centre in accordance with annual budgets, business plans and to achieve required profitability.
Analyzes and presents service centre operations data in comparison to established targets and provides direction for the attainment of stated targets.
- Directs the production planning and scheduling process according to sales volume, sales mix, inventory requirements and materials availability.
- Plans day-to-day operations, assigns manpower, authorizes overtime and controls costs.
- Monitors production yields on a daily basis; makes adjustments as necessary to maintain delivery schedules.
- Coordinates and liaises with production, supply, sales, engineering and customer service to ensure production standards and goals are achieved.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures needed to achieve the business unit's strategic operating goals.
- Performs capacity planning for equipment, floor space and manpower requirements in accordance with forecasted workload.
- Builds and develops team approaches to problem solving and continuous improvement concepts within the assigned area.
- Produces and maintains measures of performance to graphically display performance-related strengths and weaknesses within the cell.
- Monitors, controls and reports on the cell's capital expenditures in relation to budgeted amounts.
- Performs administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the cell, including the selecting of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the cell.
- Actively participates in the business unit management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
- May perform cell production tasks as required, depending on cell size and technical qualifications.
- 3-5 years production and people management experience in a people-focused work environment. Experience as Director of Maintenance or maintenance facility preferred.
-College diploma in engineering, business administration or related discipline; or equivalent.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, collaborative leadership, interpersonal, decision making, collaborative communication style.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Proven team player.
- Problem-solving skills .
- Demonstrated experience working with customers.
- Foster continual improvement environment
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and production management software (i.e. ERP, MRP).
- Experienced in utilizing SMS and/or LEAN tools.
- Proven track record working in high demand and high pressure areas.