6 months ago
Manager, Program Management
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 49743BR Date posted 06/09/City Westford
Country United States
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to lead program managers within the International Airborne Programs business unit concentrating on direct commercial sale contracts across Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
* Manage six senior and junior program managers responsible for cradle-to-grave reconnaissance programs across multiple countries and aircraft platforms.
* Interface with and coordinate strategic and tactical programmatic activities with foreign air force operators, maintainers and procurement officers in their countries.
* Responsible for maintaining positive financial results within the DCS group, to include regular reporting via monthly control reviews and quarterly EACs.
* Contribute to global business development opportunities by managing all commercial budgetary and formal quotations.
* Lead the effort to negotiate and close on commercial contracts opportunities.
* Oversee engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, integration and test activities as they relate to commercial customers.
* Work within a shared resource matrix management organization and possess the ability to successfully build teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* Minimum ten years of program management or related experience.
* Experience with reconnaissance optical systems, digital imaging systems and/or electro mechanical systems is a plus.
* Knowledge of international trade compliance matters is required.
* Proven track record in program management and personnel management.
* Fully fluent in Microsoft Office.
* Ability to travel for multiple weeks on a single trip.
* Reconnaissance background from the US Armed Forces or industry is a plus.
* Must be a proven leader and team builder with demonstrative success in dealing directly with foreign customers.
* Multiple language skills are a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory, especially in dealing with customers who usually have poor English skills.
* International travel is a must and the candidate should anticipate 10-15% travel.
* Due to programs/projects this positions supports the candidate must be a US Citizen.
* Candidate may or may not require a DoD Clearance.
Education: BA/BS required, preferably with a technical background.
MA/MS or MBA is a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.