5 months ago
About the GTAA
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND CONNECT THE WORLD – Toronto Pearson is Canada’s leading global hub airport. Help to drive our vision to become the best airport in the world. Together, we will demonstrate that our passengers are our passion, by showing respect, integrity and delivering innovative products and services.
NOTE: THIS IS A CAPITAL CONSTRUCTION DEPARTMENT POSITION AND NOT AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) POSITION
Reporting to the Associate Director, Project Management Office this position is responsible for overseeing the development of GTAA capital construction project management practices, performance management, governance standards, process, policies, documentation and reporting standards. Key accountabilities fall under under four broad categories: (1) Planning, (2) Reporting and Measurement, (3) Continuous Improvement, and (4) Training and Development.
* Ensure visibility of the pipeline of new projects in support of development of capital plans and to support efficient project delivery
* Develop, update and maintain reports and tools to support assessment of goals and objectives, performance measures and metrics.
* Establish standardized methodology for compiled and reported information to management by using dashboards, metrics, and technology platforms
* Track the status of all capital projects (budget, scope and schedule)
* Ensure consistent project delivery processes and methodology between projects managed by internal resources and those delivered by third party service providers
* Develop, update and revise policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure efficiency in planning, design and construction
* Establish design and construction project management standards, monitors effectiveness and perform regular assessments of projects to ensure compliance
* Develop, update and maintain process flows, playbooks, quick reference guides and templates to support project delivery
* Develop, communicate and drive implementation of process changes initiatives and improvements
* Post-secondary degree in architecture, engineering, project management, business or a related field or an acceptable combination of education, training, and/or experience
* Demonstrated experience (8 years plus) managing design and construction projects involving multiple stakeholders
* Experience in design and construction project management process assessment, review and performance reporting preferred
* Project management certification or accreditation would be an asset.
* Must be able to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance and RAIC
* Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of project monitoring systems including but not limited to, scheduling, cost and change control
* Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery
* Demonstrated ability to prepare process documents, policies and project documents (e.g. business case, feasibility study, budget estimates, etc).
* Knowledge of design and construction
* Knowledge of consultant and construction related procurement practices and procedures
* Knowledge of related government legislation in the areas of construction, fire codes, building codes, occupational health and safety regulations, etc.
* High degree of initiative and creativity
* Exceptional personal drive and motivation
* Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
* Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks and projects
* Problem solving skills to identify, analyze and resolve issues.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills to establish, foster and maintain relationships with clients, co-workers and others
* Proficient in the Microsoft Suite of Office Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management software
We offer a fast-paced, stimulating environment along with an attractive salary/benefit package commensurate with experience. Please forward your résumé to Careerport at the following link:
The GTAA is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.