Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic, and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Support the overall Reservations and Customer Relations departments’ goals by developing adult learning curriculum, policy and procedures (PnP), and communication to outsourced business partner(s) that successfully executes the Frontier brand, policies, procedures and key initiatives. Oversight of quality assurance (QA) to measure effectiveness and ensure all regulatory requirements are met. Provide guidance to the training and quality assurance staff (internal and vendor-managed). Oversee technical publications and communications from planning to delivery while executing communication strategies that support company initiatives.
- Design an overall training and development program for outsourced vendor partner(s) and Customer Relations.
- Identify future and current training needs based on Frontier Airlines’ goals, assessing vendor performance and data analysis. Conduct gap analyses and needs assessments as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate the training program’s effectiveness and recommend changes.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all training is consistent with Frontier brand, policies and procedures.
- Develop effective evaluation and testing procedures.
- Monitor vendor training hours to ensure contractual requirements are being met.
- Support training requirements and collaboration with the vendors’ training teams.
- Maintain the knowledge base utilized by vendor(s), internal employees and external customers.
- Establish and maintain a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Ensure all training curricula are taught to students in a standardized and consistent manner.
- Conduct ‘train-the-trainer” and onsite training sessions and evaluations as needed. Prepare, track and forecast training, quality assurance and communication budgets, including evaluating costs and performance effectiveness.
- Review quality data to determine learning opportunities and direction by applying advanced adult learning theories into a scenario-based learning strategy.
- Using business-specific quality measurements, track performance and improvement against these metrics.
- Evaluate and constructively critique QA strategies and techniques.
- Lead QA calibration sessions with management to ensure consistent delivery of brand and compliance with all regulations.
- Provide reporting on compliance and regulated areas of training material and quality metrics.
- Conduct monthly audits for compliance of regulated areas; report on results and develop action plans for continuous improvement.
- Work with Frontier leaders to develop policies and procedures communication strategies that are consistent across customer facing departments.
- Oversee the process of technical publications, call scripting and communications from planning to delivery.
- Meet business goals by ensuring the readiness of agents to provide sales and service support for all lines of business.
- Identify topics and write content for daily and weekly internal communications vehicles.
- Collaborate with Frontier leaders on high-profile issues, setting communications strategy to manage those issues.
- Coach and support staff through operational changes and supervision issues.
- Manage special projects and committees as needed.
- Act as a liaison for training to ensure standardization and consistency within the company.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the company.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree required; combination of relevant education and minimum of 4 years of training and QA experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership role
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in teaching, training and developing adult education, preferably in a virtual call/contact center environment
- Proven ability in the development and implementation of training solutions including LMS (eLearning)
- Experience in managing and developing quality metrics that meet regulatory requirements
- Experience in technical writing and manual publication including developing policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Competent in interpersonal communications, collaboration, critical-thinking and problem solving
- Understanding of complex instructional, performance management and communications strategies and ability to translate key themes and tactics into understandable messages for broad consumption
- Attention to detail and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables
- Be results-driven with an eye for fine detail ensuring that all records, programs and training curricula are in regulatory compliance
- Possess strong communication ability with individuals at all levels of an organization; interact with other Frontier departments to effectively implement company initiatives
- Effectively function with vendor as part of a centralized operations team within Frontier Airlines’ Reservations management team
- Exhibit excellent leadership skills that motivate team members to reach a higher level of instructional ability, invite innovative solutions to training problems, and encourage both self-critique and acceptance of outside critique in order to broaden the Instructor, QA, and Developer experience
- Possess ability to recognize areas where savings can be realized through creative uses of lower cost devices and scheduling efficiencies
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.