about 1 month ago
Compass Airlines is seeking a Manager, Stores and Logistics to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota location. We have an immediate opening for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
The Manager, Stores & Logistics is responsible for the management of logistical analysis and materials utilization to maintain company aircraft. This includes the coordination of Inventory, Logistics and Audit management, supervision of critical and hazardous shipments and the training, guidance and performance management of new and current personnel; be able to interface with outside vendors.
* Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination.
* At least 3 - 5 years experience in a Supervisory role in inventory management.
* Must have a valid driver’s license.
* Working knowledge of Dangerous Goods Shipping and Regulations.
* Working knowledge of all applicable Federal Regulations is highly desirable.
* Must be able to read, write and speak the English Language.
* Travel Required 20-30%
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Possess familiarity with industry standards, Materials Management Manuals, IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
* Proficient with MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management experience.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with multiple departments.
* Individual must be capable of coordinating multiple requests in an organized and urgent manner.
* Shall have knowledge of preservation standards and shipping guidelines of critical and hazardous materials.
* Repetitive and continual physical work which involves moving and lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) is required as well as the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
* Must be capable and willing to operate forklifts and hand jacks which will be used for moving heavy objects over 75 pounds.
* Accountable for the accuracy, control and preservation of materials within the Company Stores network.
* Responsible for logistical coordination, development and tracking of Company shipments.
* Responsible for development of policies and procedures for day to day activities of Stores personnel.
* Maintain an accurate and controlled inventory with the assistance of the Computer Based Tracking System.
* Develop training requirements, goals and guidelines for Stores personnel and contracted vendors.
* Will include alternative work schedules, including nights, weekend and holiday.
* Perform other specific duties as assigned per the Company Manuals.
* This is an SMS safety related position who has the responsibility for making appropriate risk assessments and decision making to achieve acceptable levels of Safety.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law. All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.