2 months ago
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing manages and enforces general guidelines and policies with the responsibility for driving strategic sourcing activities globally for Air Canada Maintenance.
Lead strategic sourcing initiatives in support of outsourced maintenance strategies or major contract negotiation while working closely with Directors, General Managers, Materials Managers, and Buyers to drive the strategic sourcing process globally;
Develop and manage excellent relationships with all major suppliers;
Negotiate and lead Service Level agreements and goods and services contracts;
Enforce procurement policies and procedures to guide maintenance management towards long-term business objectives while leading maintenance outsourcing strategy to lower costs and maintaining quality;
Participate in development of strategies to maximize value from all maintenance contracts;
Provide recommendations on the optimal sourcing strategies and ensure high-level-buy-in from key stakeholders;
Initiate, develop and implement multiple global project plans, identify key deliverables and roles/responsibilities of project team members;
Gather and analyze data from multiple sources into short-term and long-term strategic and financial forecasts.
Work to improve internal project budgets requirements and, communicate relevant project information to stakeholders;
Develop and implement contract compliance metrics for all ACM contracts.
Oversee the development and effective implementation of contracts and lead the contract hand off process to the relevant internal customer(s);
Analyze maintenance processes globally and identify opportunities to optimize processes.
Ensure total customer satisfaction of all internal operations groups.
* Ability to motivate, lead and facilitate a cross-functional work team to make good decisions in a timely manner
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
* 5+ years experience in a purchasing organization, including tendering, bidding, negotiating and evaluating major product and /or service contracts
* Ability to formulate strategies, and to put in place workplans to drive for results.
* Project management skills including multi-branch, and multi project coordination abilities.
* Excellent time management skills, ability to shift priorities on an ad hoc basis and flexibility with working hours. Occasional travel is required.
* Innovative thinker who can act as an agent of change in a cross-functional team context.
* Possess a good experience of the Aircraft Maintenance environment and a reasonable knowledge of all related activities including logistics, repairable, consumables, PMA’s and DER’s, TAT’s, repair levels, exchanges, etc.
* Experience in financial analysis and evaluation, and business case development.
* Fully proficient with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), and use of the internet.
* 5+ years experience in an Aircraft maintenance environment is an asset.
* Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree in Business Administration or Engineering, an asset
* Purchasing Management Accreditation is asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Aircraft Maintenance