Manager Strategy & Corporate Development
The Manager Strategy & Corporate Development is a thought leader who partners with business units across the company to analyze critical challenges and innovative opportunities, including the identification of new growth opportunities and strategic investments. The Manager Strategy & Corporate Development also supports enterprise-wide strategic planning to help ensure strong alignment with all strategic planning efforts throughout the organization.
* Work with leaders throughout the company to ensure alignment between department initiatives and JetBlue’s broader strategic goals
* Support JetBlue’s annual strategic planning process including the development of investment prioritization processes that align with the company vision and strategy
* Help ensure key strategic initiatives have appropriate visibility with the Board of Directors
* Support the identification of new growth opportunities, including acquisitions and other strategic investment opportunities.
* Participate in strategic framing and analytical efforts on high-impact, cross-functional projects across the Company.
* Track industry and competitive trends as a baseline for strategic decision-making, continuously remaining forward-thinking about opportunities and risks in the marketplace
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field
* Five (5) years of relevant experience
* Two (2) years management consulting experience
* Strong planning and analytical skills
* Ability to assess complex situations
* Ability to identify growth opportunities and develop business plans for realizing such opportunities
* Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
* Strong executive presence, presentation and communication skills
* High proficiency with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
* Available for moderate overnight international and domestic travel (10%)
* In possession of valid travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
* Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response and on short notice
* Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Knowledge of the airline industry
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion
* Must fulfill safety accountabilities as prescribed by JetBlue’s Safety Management System
* Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
* Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
* Uphold JetBlue’s safety performance metric goals and understand how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal Office Environment
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.