This role sits within the IT QA function and plays a key part in testing needs for Spirit Airlines. You will work closely with the QA Manager to define strategy and process, bringing automation in line with existing functional aspect of the test effort. This position is responsible for the design and development of automated testing using Team Foundation Server as an Application Lifecycle Management solution and HP UFT. You will be responsible for creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts. In addition the position is responsible for creating metrics and increasing test coverage using the automated systems. (Opportunities available within both manual testing and automation for the organization)
- Estimate, plan and lead multi-feature software testing projects.
- Be a conduit for communications between the QA organization and other organizations within and outside of IT.
- Monitor the maintenance of automated test scripts using Quick Test Professional (UFT) and/or manual test scripts using HP Quality Center and/or MS Test Mgr (MTM). Ensure that new features that are slated for implementation will be incorporated in a timely manner and integrated into the regression scripts.
- Implement and develop automated test practices for both web and windows applications primarily using Mercury Interactive/HP products (Quality Center, QTP, etc) Design Test Automation Framework to be easily reusable.
- Design and create test scripts using JAVA, PERL, C# and/or VB.NET to address areas software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
- Implement and develop test cases for both web and windows applications. Create a Test Plan Framework to be easily reusable. Primarily using HP Quality Center and/or MS Test Pro. Design and create test scripts using the designated Test Plan to address the following software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
- Work with the QA Manager and colleagues to define process and strategy associated with Manual Testing and Automation.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content. Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Provide Production Deployment Support of applications.
- Perform Post Deployment Validation Testing.
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand;
- Takes independent. Actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Technical Degree and/or 3 -5 years of relevant experience in Automation Development and Testing.
- Preferred licenses: CSTE, CSTP, CTM, ITSQB, HP QTP Certification. The IT QA Test Engineer must have the temperament necessary to remain calm in stressful situations. The individual in this role will be called upon in the unlikely event that there is a catastrophic failure in the production environment. During this type of evolution it is critical that this leader keep team members calm and on task while consistently prioritizing tasks.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and be able to work independently without direct supervision or encouragement.
- Ability to work and participate in a team setting with an open, collaborative communication style.
- Confidence to participate and contribute within a fast-paced, technologically aggressive, highly skilled, and collegial team.
- Available for extra hours as needed for project completion.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving team player who is willing to acquire and share knowledge and best practices.