6 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Research, design and development - Mechanical engineering
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Essential Job Functions:
• Uses systematic, data driven problem solving processes and continuous improvement processes such as 8D, A3, DMAIC, PDCA
• Knowledgeable of Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Standard Work, Kaizen and 7 Wastes for cost out and productivity improvements.
• Designs/innovates manufacturing processes and methods using flow, quick change over, work cells and other lean methods.
• Documents manufacturing processes providing work instructions, process sheets and standard work.
• Analyzes and plans, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment for maximum safety, quality, delivery and productivity.
• Achieves target cost savings and department productivity goals.
• Design for manufacturing and design to cost of new products.
• Understanding of molding, machining, & stamping design process for problem solving and Design for Manufacture activities
• Evaluates drawing, specification and other data to determine requirements for capital equipment purchases.
• Cost estimating.
• A good understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
• Writes Capital justification requests.
• Evaluates new manufacturing technologies that are relevant to business requirements.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Microsoft Excel
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
• At least one year of technical experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• Six Sigma Certification
• LabVIEW experience
• Three years of technical experience in a manufacturing environment
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
North America, United States, Florida, Sarasota
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required