3 months ago
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes Fabrication Organization Advanced Metal Structures is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support the production shop and emergent projects in Auburn WA.
Responsibilities include the following:
* Production technical support for hard metal forming including certified documentation for super plastic forming
* Lead implementation and improvement activities involving automation including robotic assembly operations
* Act as interface to program design engineering and Boeing Research and Technology (BR&T) for new product implementation and stabilization
* Assist in Project/Product Management activities for emergent work packages
* Lead and participate in systematic problem solving activities across the organization
* Assists in the implementation of Lean principles and technologies. Interfaces with professional associations, suppliers, IPTs and internal customers to develop products, skills, knowledge and experience.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
The successful candidate will have the following education, experience, skills and capabilities:
Minimum 3 years of experience working as an engineer
3 years of experience working in a manufacturing engineering or production environment
2 or more years of CATIA or equivalent CAD experience.
Microsoft Office experience
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* At least 2 years of experience using Microsoft Project or Milestones software
* Bachelor of Science degree in one of the following areas is highly preferred
Aeronautics & Astronautics Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering Technology
Electrical Engineering Technology
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Manufacturing Systems Engineering
Material Sciences and Engineering
Industrial & Systems Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Plastics Engineering Technology
Contingent Upon Program Award