7 months ago
Anyone who has a full time job for any company probably spends more time at work with their colleagues than they do with anyone else. In our view, that means you need to choose work you find rewarding, colleagues you can rely on and a company that respects your need for a good quality of life – both inside and outside the workplace.
Here at Moog, we like what we do.
Here at Moog, we enjoy the challenge of creating things that the rest of the world has only ever dreamed of.
Here at Moog, we trust that everyone we work with is competent.
So this is what our company is like. Everyone comes to work and does their best. They are developed, recognized and rewarded for their efforts. They are proud of what they produce. And they're happy to go and enjoy their lives outside of work.
Moog Inc. is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision motion control products and systems. Moog’s high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, industrial machinery, wind energy, marine applications, and medical equipment. Our employees form a team comprised of engineers, machinists, assemblers and many other skilled professionals whose creativity and craftsmanship are second to none.
Our Aircraft Group is seeking a self-starting Manufacturing Engineer/Programmer with keen attention to detail and high quality standards...
The Manufacturing Engineer/Programmer prepares detailed manufacturing instructions and programming data to produce machined parts and sub‑assemblies to meet engineering drawings and specifications.
What your day-to-day will look like...
* Determine manufacturing procedures and operation sequencing and establish tooling, gauging and machine requirements to fabricate parts and sub‑assemblies for various products.
* Prepare detailed operation sheets and N/C programs, make estimates of setup and run hours for production parts and estimate design and build hours for tooling.
* Assist Group Leader to prepare cost estimates for new proposals.
* May technically guide or train Associate Manufacturing Engineers.
* Spend time in the production shops solving problems and improving processes associated with the parts you are responsible for.
* These problems may arise for any number of reasons such as tooling, machine tool, gauging, heat treating, and plating.
* The solution for these problems may require your decision alone, or could result in contacting and working with the Group Leader, Moog Product or Design Engineers, Quality Assurance personnel, Moog Metallurgist, Inspectors, Production supervision, Purchasing, Production Scheduling, or Moog vendors.
* As a result, you must not only possess the human relations skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of people, but must also have the initiative to contact other groups when a problem solution so requires.
The skills and education you'll need to bring with you for this role...
* B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
* Up to one year experience in machine shop practices or 3 years experience as an ACD associate Manufacturing Engineer/Programmer (or equivalent training and experience).
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Self-motivated and problem solving mindset.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Disability/Veteran