8 months ago
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (PECO)
PECO-Astronics, located in Clackamas, Oregon, designs and manufactures highly engineered commercial aerospace interior components and systems for the aerospace industry. We specialize in Passenger Service Units (PSUs) which incorporate air handling, emergency oxygen, electrical power management and cabin lighting systems. We also manufacture a wide range of fuel tank access doors that meet stringent strength, fuel sealing and anti-corrosion requirements.
We are seeking to add a Manufacturing Engineering Technician to our great team.
Provide technical and administrative support to company's manufacturing engineers and operations personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will include the following duties, and others as assigned.
* Creates, modifies and revises manufacturing work instructions and flow documentation.
* Reviews customer prints and specifications to determine change to existing products and/or processes.
* Enters, reviews and revises MRP routings and bills of materials (BOMs) for existing and new products.
* Works with purchasing to provide drawings and specifications for part procurement requirements.
* Assists with the design of simple tooling and fixtures for manufacturing; performs routine repair and maintenance on tooling and fixtures.
* Maintains and reports data measuring manufacturing performance.
* Attends Quality Manual Standards Training and applies Quality Standards accordingly.
* Provides general support to manufacturing personnel, including troubleshoot assistance, workflow improvement and root cause evaluation.
* Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
* Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation and this position may be responsible for the performance of various functions that may be an integral part of the Company's overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Quality: Displays understanding of PECO's Quality Policy; is thorough, accurate and carefully attends to detail; completes tasks and responds to issues in a timely manner; delivers results and manages projects according to established timelines; completes tasks according to standards; seeks ways to exceed standards and improve work quality.
* Continuous Improvement: Actively seeks out opportunities to progressively improve work processes and product; identifies inefficiencies in work processes and implements changes that reduce waste and improve accuracy and delivery time; displays ability to quantify the positive impact of implemented changes.
* Teamwork: Gains trust and cooperation of others through openness and communication; accepts constructive criticism; is considerate and tactful in dealing with others; eagerly provides assistance to others; displays strong work ethic and integrity in all activities.
* Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below each are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Associate's degree, or equivalent, in a technical discipline; mechanical or manufacturing engineering preferred.
* Three to five years experience providing technical support in a manufacturing environment.
* Familiarity with AutoCAD and Solid Works preferred.
* Experience with computer based ECO systems and BOM maintenance.
* Hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
* Strong familiarity with automated MRP systems.
* A high degree of mechanical aptitude.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.