8 days ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop* the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
UTAS SIS Burnsville, is seeking a Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) Manufacturing Engineer to bring their unique skills and experience to join a team that applies its expertise and knowledge to develop and implement semiconductor processes in the manufacture of MEMS wafer, die and sensors. The MEMS fabrication area is a Class 100 and Class 1000 facility where high precision sensors are developed and introduced into production. Using your technical expertise, you will initiate and drive manufacturing yield and cycle time improvements, improve the predictability of process outcomes, project manage process improvements, implement cost reductions, support daily production needs, and lead problem-solving events. You'll bring your value and expertise to the business by identifying cost reduction and yield improvement opportunities.
To be successful in this role the candidate must have excellent organizational and time management skills, being able to effectively prioritize to meet deadlines. The candidate must excel at critical thinking and problem solving, being able to apply their engineering skills to solve complex issues, while working under limited direction. Adaptability and being able to rapidly shift gears is critical in this role. The candidate should have good communication skills and be a team player.
In this role you will:
* Plan the sequence of operations for fabrication of product to ensure excellent product quality
* Determine and implement improvements in yield, cycle time, process predictability and costs
* Support daily production needs
* Solve problems using RCCA analysis and lead problem-solving events
* Utilize lean manufacturing principles for removing non-value added processes
* Design tooling and fixtures for production, and adapt machine or equipment to production conditions
* Create, maintain, and update routings, manufacturing procedures and technical documentation
* Implement Statistical Process Control and Total Productive Maintenance
* Write technical reports and perform technical and management presentations
* Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field and 2 years of experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment
* Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field and 1 year of experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment
* Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
* Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint
* Experience with photolithography, wafer dicing, and/or electrical test
* Semiconductor engineering background
* Proficient project management skills
* Lean manufacturing experience
* Working knowledge of SAP and EPEC (or Teamcenter)
* 3D CAD modeling software experience
Nothing Matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering Materials Science or related field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.