Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at .
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports work specific to detail parts manufacturing and assembly operations within a manufacturing environment.
- Develops documentation and procedures to ensure compliance specific to customer, and regulatory production requirements and specifications.
- Develops solutions for production problems relating to materials, manufacturing processes and/or the right tooling.
- Interprets engineering drawings to determine requirements meet objectives. Acts as liaison between design engineering, tooling department, machine shop, metal bond shop, composites and plastics shop, tube shop, manufacturing graphics department, quality and the production floor.
- Analyzes statistical data including process capability studies, tests capability studies, and through-put rates.
- Provides technical support and assistance with the development and improvement of methods, quality product design, cost, and technical issues of a complex manner as required.
- Plans and documents various installation processes, tooling, equipment and quality control methods to optimize the manufacturing operation.
- Ensures completed tasks have been performed and inspected in accordance with HACI standards. Identifies and corrects all production and manufacturing issues.
- Prepares assembly data sheet and updates planning data sheets. Assist with BOM identification and control. Prepares and monitors tool orders and first article inspection sheets.
- Details and assembles methods planning and tool manufacturing planning.
Education, Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Bachelors’ degree in Manufacturing Engineer or other related field strongly preferred.
- In lieu of education one year of direct aircraft experience potentially may be substituted for each year of college.
- 5+ years experience in aerospace industry in aerospace manufacturing.
- Six Sigma Training (Minimum Green Belt Certification).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and/or specifications requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Some experience utilizing tools such as SAP, CAD CAM, CATIA, Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Lotus Notes).
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of aircraft assembly, sequencing and manufacturing flow.
- Working knowledge of or exposure to Lean Manufacturing tools.
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at .
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job ID: 35694