about 1 month ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
In this role you will:
* Test and calibrate parts.
* Accurately read blueprints.
* Perform preliminary review on non-conforming material.
* Demonstrate proper use of hand and machine tools.
* Demonstrate proper use of electrical/mechanical measuring devices.
* Take ownership for the accuracy of processes and resulting costs.
* Accurately read and follow procedures, routing, and other work instructions.
* Coordinate workflow and priorities through the cell –Act as “lead assembler”.
* Demonstrates above average abilities in performing Technical Tasks.
* Responsible for quality.
* Meet customer deadlines.
* Interact with customers through meetings, tours, audits, etc.
* Responsible for building parts that meet customer expectations.
* Responsible to comply with applicable elements of quality systems.
* Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
* Ability to plan and prioritize work to met production schedules and quality requirements.
* Coordinate production to meet deadlines and quality requirements.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certifications as required.
* Understand end uses of products being built.
* Request tools and supplies in accordance with project requirements.
* Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
* Assist with cost reduction, scrap reduction, lean, process improvement, etc.
* Coordination of prototype builds.
* Provide leadership and guidance to other team members.
* Ensure cell goals and objectives are met.
* Monitor cell performance to goal.
* Prioritize workload and activities within the cell.
* Resolve problems as they arise.
* Communicate issues and problems in a timely fashion.
* Provides On the Job training to Precision Assemblers In a specified cell setting as defined in Technical Tasks.
* Ability to train/coach others as needed.
* Demonstrate a proactive role in problem-solving
* Understand the use of SPC
* Demonstrates initiative to keep processes moving and on schedule
* Achieve special process certification where applicable.
* Perform process inspection.
* Coordinate work priorities with production cell(s).
* Communicate production status to supervisor/management.
* Interface with other functional groups to update, inform, acknowledge or resolve problems related to business issues.
* Effectively interact with others.
* Meet cost goals and determine measures to obtain those goals.
* Participate in cost reduction plans.
* Participate in waste minimization efforts.
* Participate in audits.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* 2-5 years experience
* 1 year of leadership Experience
* Preferred manufacturing or production floor exp.
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* High Diploma required
* Plus to have a degree or certification
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.