2 months ago
Manufacturing, Quality, and Special Processes Engineering Co-op
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53561BR Date posted 09/11/City York
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do. UTAS York is looking for a motivated and energetic person to join our 3 shift operations. All work is done in a clean, climate controlled facility where we put safety and quality first in everything we do.
Position term: January -August 2018
Support plant site initiatives, projects, and activities included in the Heat Treatment Facility, Plating Facility, Chemical and Metallurgical Laboratories, as well as discipline specific concepts through:
- Project management and/or project engineering to support Nadcap accreditation
- Development of innovative new solutions to support process robustness and continuous improvement with support of Nadcap compliance and audits
- Process improvement or problem solving projects related to Aerospace component manufacturing, special processing, quality, environment health & safety (EH&S), manufacturing engineering, maintenance, and other business functions
- Design of processes and systems to improve plant site quality and/or reduce waste in the Heat Treatment Facility, Plating Facility, Chemical and Metallurgical Laboratories
- Participation in cross-functional project teams
- Giving formal project presentations to management
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have Legal Permanent Resident status (due to U.S. Government contract requirements)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and logically
- Ability to participate in multiple project teams simultaneously
- Ability to offer informed suggestions based on conducted research
- Strong organizational skills and project management ability
- Ability to work in team and individual settings, willingness to take on a challenge, and ability to learn quickly and interface with all layers of an organization.
- Prior internship or co-op experience preferred but not required
- Enrolled in an ABET accredited engineering Bachelor degree program. Preferred majors are Metallurgical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- Co-op must maintain full-time student status through enrollment in their university’s co-op course
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA required
- Completion of at least 30 credit hours required
- Completion of at least two semesters of calculus and one semester of chemistry
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.