3 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
Tasks to be Accomplished:
* Accountable for ensuring that the manufacturing cell obtains all the information, training, direction and support required to meet deliver and quality requirements
* Responsible for distributing and monitoring the workloads of the team while ensuring that staffing levels are balanced with workload requirements
* Assist in solving problems and ensure organization is informed as to the delivery status of product on a regular basis
* Act as a liaison between the various departments and support the scheduling requirements of the Manufacturing cell
* Responsible for setting team performance metrics and ensuring targets are met. Also fostering a continuous improvement environment.
* Supporting the repair estimating process
* Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, MS Project, Inventory Systems
* Have demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Understanding of customer repair processes and repair requirements
* Ability to manage teams through multiple critical projects, have worked to objectives and deadlines, and demonstrated an understanding of employee relations
* Strong decision-making abilities
* Strong time management skills
* Knowledge of ISO9000/AS9100 standards
Experience & Education Requirements
* Minimum 5 years experience working in a leadership role in a high-tech manufacturing environment
* Technologist Diploma or related Undergraduate Degree
* Experience working in a customer Service environment
* Experience with lean manufacturing principles
* Familiarity with health and safety regulations in an industrial setting
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam