12 days ago
Market Strategy Sr Analyst Pricing
Post Begin Date
5 days ago(4/11/2018 4:29 PM)
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
* Provide market-specific strategic pricing recommendations designed to enhance revenue employing fare adjustments and/or rule changes; analysis begins at O&D level.
* Proactive structure management for high priority markets (e.g. non-stop, high revenue connecting): perform regular assessment of competitive fares develop price points in alignment with overall pricing strategies, and change Southwest/AirTran fares within certain overall guidelines.
* Takes comprehensive view of market ownership; is able to see ahead and move forward with requisite course of action without being instructed by Leader.
* Represents Pricing and Revenue Management in cross-Team discussions; is qualified to speak on behalf of Pricing Team in external setting.
* Leads or initiates analytical project outside of own markets.
* Proficient use of SQL, Access and Excel to synthesize large amounts of data.
* Develop expert pricing view on competitive carrier(s) and develop strategic recommendations.
* Work as part of market Team (“Pod”) and in conjunction with Yield teams to provide expert view for pricing strategies’ effect on demand patterns.
* Manage pricing initiatives related to cross-team regional strategies.
* Collaborate with Marketing on pricing strategy in focus markets and in conjunction with sale planning process.
* Work with Tactical Team to ensure that market strategies are executed correctly as part of bulk fare filing such as sale matches and system actions.
* Monitor and analyze the competitive environment, staying apprised of all industry issues pertaining to pricing and routing initiatives.
* Perform detailed analysis on prior and proposed pricing actions; collaborate with Yield Management on decision-making process; articulate strategies to Revenue Management Leadership when necessary.
* Demonstrate proficiency in the operational aspects of pricing and in the daily use of ATPCO, AVFM, SABRE and SAAS.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* College degree required (preferably in Finance, Economics, Math, Business or Engineering).
* 2+ years of experience in airlines, pricing, economics, strategic planning, or finance required.
* Prior yield management or other Revenue Management experience preferred.
* Strong skills in data analysis tools (Excel) required.
* Fair PowerPoint, SQL and Access skills preferred.
* Handles complex analyses well with little supervision.
* Routinely goes beyond simple numerical checks in quality control.
* Maintains high quality even in complex situations with tight deadlines.
* Consistently takes big picture into account in decision stream and makes right decision.
* Pursues changes to operational or analytical status quo that serve to increase efficiency and/or generate revenue (e.g. developing automation, creating new reporting, etc.).
* Prioritizes own work and actively makes trade-offs to move items with highest revenue opportunity or greatest sense of urgency to prime importance.
* Should be a proactive problem solver (anticipates issues based on historical trends and/or industry actions).
* Is able to build effective relationships within the department and other departments.
* Develops action plans that incorporate type of action, degree, and direction that translate into appropriate action.
* Prepares support for recommendations that includes opportunity statement, definition of success/desired result, and break-even analysis (when necessary), and potential risks.
* Creates tracking mechanism and actively follows-up to gauge impact of actions.
* Able to identify relevant items for communication both internally and externally without being coached by Leader.
* Structures and writes concise communications with limited Manager guidance.
* Identifies project/analysis opportunities and is able to prioritize in context of other work.
* Commences work on own and provides unsolicited checkpoints to leader on progress.
* Has courage to make decisions with limited amount of available information.
* Manages multiple own concurrent initiatives.
* Is able to quickly and accurately respond to urgent requests.
* Maintains composure, work quality, and other skills (e.g. communication) during stressful situations.
* Understand general pricing strategies and thinks strategically about opportunities for pricing-driven revenue gain.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
* Must meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential, proprietary and sensitive Company information.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Refer a FriendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?
Software Powered by iCIMS