4 months ago
Marketing Communications Specialist
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Marketing Communications Specialist
Astronics Ballard Technology (Ballard), located in Everett, WA, is a leader in the design, manufacturing and support of avionics databus interface solutions for commercial and defense applications. Ballard's proven experience in providing products for test and simulation applications has provided a strong foundation for its robust and growing line of rugged embedded interface products. Ballard's proprietary Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) databus solutions are key to the operations and support of a wide range of military and commercial aircraft, including leading fixed wing, rotary wing, and unmanned systems. Ballard's high standards and consistency in engineering and production, driven by an AS9100 quality management system, have resulted in a long-standing reputation for superior reliability, quality, and service with strong customer relationships.
With a culture that reflects creative problem solving, helpfulness, and balance, Ballard has maintained a long history of profitability and growth, now employing over 65 valued employees.
The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for designing, creating, and delivering marketing programs to support the growth and expansion of company products and services. These include product manuals, trade shows, newsletters, datasheets, web content, presentations, graphics, advertising, user documentation, and other promotional items. A key component of this position is creating original marketing and technical content based on information provided by internal content experts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish marketing communications and writing goals with a high level of accuracy. Performs a variety of complicated tasks with minimal direct supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for Marketing Communications duties such as tradeshow coordination, sales support, signage, business cards, etc.
* Write and edit content for marketing and support materials including, product manuals, customer case studies, tutorials, news releases, newsletters, datasheets, emails, web content, magazine articles, social media, presentations, product brochures, and direct mail.
* Work closely with engineering, product development, sales and marketing, customer support, and business development to create effective content including direct marketing campaigns, white papers, case studies, web content, product manuals, literature and other marketing support material and coordinate reviews.
* Work with Marketing and Sales teams to develop sales tools, including presentations and sell sheets.
* Adhere to established writing styles and review, proof, and edit communication materials for accuracy and consistency of message.
* Create and maintain project schedules/plans; provide reports and updates as required.
* Develop and nurture social presence
* Expand and develop marketing platforms including social media platforms
* Manipulate contact/prospect lists in order to ensure effective creation of lists for promotional mailings, invitations and other direct marketing pieces.
* Support CRM activities and marketing automation platform
* Perform analytics and prepare reports in order to measure effectiveness of communications activities and web content.
* Support and administer the customer survey process to measure customer satisfaction.
* Manage current and new email marketing programs, with emphasis on testing to optimize the effectiveness of campaigns.
* Work with senior leadership and HR to prepare presentations and other materials geared towards internal audience.
* Create effective graphics, flow charts, tables and diagrams to convey concepts in marketing projects.
* Publish manuals, news releases, and other documents using Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign and other tools.
* Manage publication life cycles including document release, archiving, revision tracking, periodic reviews and updates.
* Assist with website content creation and updating.
* Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
* Perform administrative duties for the Marketing Department such as literature fulfillment, shipping and mailing, filing, organization, and other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
* Creative mindset, with appreciation for high-quality results.
* Passionate about crafting written communication
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with command of the English language, including tone, grammar, punctuation, sentence /paragraph structure and story development.
* Able to gather/uncover/organize content and synthesize it into written communication that is branded, succinct, understandable, engaging and compelling.
* Excellent spelling and proofreading skills.
* Acute attention to detail.
* Aptitude for quickly building an understanding of complex technical concepts.
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
* Commitment to excellence and high standards.
* Demonstrated ability to plan and organize.
* Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
* A bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism or other related field and three (3) years of experience in the field with demonstrated skills and experience in content marketing and creation of marketing materials.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote) and Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
* Experience with digital marketing, PPC campaigns, and analytics
Position requires access to controlled technology and information. To abide by Export Compliance Regulations, candidates must have either US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident Alien Status. Must pass a criminal background check prior to starting work.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Astronics Ballard Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
Notice of Affirmative Action Plan for Individuals with Disabilities and for Veterans of the Vietnam Era:
It is policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified personnel at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Program is to place qualified individuals with disabilities and Vietnam Era veterans in all job classifications. This Affirmative Action Program is available for inspection by any applicant or employee by Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you need an accommodation to apply, please contact us at BT.Jobs@astronics.com and we'll be happy to assist you.
Astronics Ballard Technology
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.