7 months ago
Job ID #: 9720
Location: US - Ohio - Columbus
Functional Area: Marketing
Division: AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - Ohio - Columbus
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: More than 10 years
Travel Percentage: 60
Hours of Work:
Marketing Manager Job Description
The Marketing Manager for AMETEK Solidstate Controls will be a key member of the staff leadership team. They will be instrumental in developing and executing the business/product strategy to achieve long term growth, while meeting annual revenue and profitability goals. This position will report to the Business Unit Manager. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for providing executive leadership and management of the Company’s marketing initiatives and in-bound and out-bound marketing activities globally, which include:
• Digital Marketing
• Marketing Communications
• Partner/Channel Marketing
• Product Marketing/Positioning
• Product Management
The Marketing Manager will drive AMETEK Solidstate Controls’ efforts to position itself as a visionary leader in its emerging target markets. They will work closely with the Director of Sales, Engineering and Operations of the business along with other executive committee members to drive the growth of the business.
The Marketing Manager will provide strategic direction and leadership toward the attainment of its full market potential. The selected candidate will be the Company’s senior marketing executive and responsible for all marketing efforts of the Company. This individual will be a high-impact, business oriented executive who possesses the skills and experience necessary to contribute at a financial, strategic, and operational level.
It is important for the Marketing Manager to possess strong interpersonal skills and to provide the foundation for an executive management team based on respect, shared values, and a commitment to grow the business. The Marketing Manager will be fully responsible for the conceptualization, definition, and implementation of all of AMETEK Solidstate Controls’ marketing strategies, plans and initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
• Define and direct marketing programs for product positioning, demand creation, lead generation and to build AMETEK Solidstate Controls’ brand awareness and recognition in target markets.
• Provide strategic business planning and product revenue growth strategies including product family market positioning and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
• Oversee marketing communications for the company including branding, public relations, advertising, white paper publication, trade shows, seminars and events collateral materials, analyst and market research management, and website design and content either directly or on an outsourced basis.
• Interface with Director of Sales for lead tracking and management.
• Oversee product management, including market and customer research, for market and product requirements and specifications. Interface with engineering to optimize product development, product cost management and pricing, and product lifecycle management.
• Oversee product marketing including product launch management, sales training, presentations, sales tools, competitive analysis and general sales support.
• Work closely with Director of Sales to provide the sales team with tools to better sell the Company’s products; develop and manage channel and partner strategies and programs.
• Develop and manage the entire marketing budget.
• Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities.
• Act as spokesperson for the company with press and analysts and at industry events.
• Be a role model for the Company and culture.
• Candidates for this position will likely have at least 10 years of relevant and successful work experience and will have led marketing for companies through periods of profitable and sustainable growth.
• Ideally, the selected candidate will possess a good understanding of the power electronics or related sectors, AC and DC power systems is preferred, and will have a demonstrated understanding of system level products.
• Preferred experience positioning products for Oil and Gas, Utilities, Process Control and Power Generation.
• A good “evangelist” who can represent and promote the business to a range of audiences including employees, customers and strategic partners.
• Is recognized as a successful senior executive.
• The candidate must have global business experience.
• Microsoft Office Suite (365)
• Adobe Creative Suite
• SiteCore CMS
• Salesforce.com CRM
• Marketo or similar Marketing Automation/Marketing Analytics
• Familiar with concepts of SEO/SEM/SMM
• Excellent team/people skills, with a motivating, collaborative style. Delegates effectively and shares credit where due. Listens to and can answer questions from the team.
• A quick learner. Can quickly assess the landscape and then prioritize objectives and opportunities.
• Open communicator of ideas and willing to stand behind and support his/her opinions.
• Is proactive vs. reactive. Can foresee potential opportunities and roadblocks.
• Gets excited about an opportunity to transform an industry.
• Strong presentation skills for prospects, customers and business partners.
• Motivated by a high need for achievement. A fast-mover with high energy.
• Consensus builder – ability to enroll others in a common vision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.