14 days ago
This position is responsible for managing Master Production Scheduling (MPS) activities on Boeing's Space Launch System (SLS) program, which we are performing under contract to NASA. SLS will be the most powerful rocket ever built, capable of launching larger payloads farther in our solar system, faster than ever before possible. Boeing is responsible for the design, development, test and production of the core and upper stages and avionics of the SLS.
This position will report directly to the Senior Manager for Integrated Planning & Scheduling (IP&S) on the SLS Program and have an integral role in support of the SLS Production Operations team. The position is located just east of New Orleans at NASA's Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF), where Boeing is manufacturing the SLS core and upper stage elements of the rocket.
The team supports Operations and Program Management with performance visibility, schedule impact analysis and scenario planning, ensuring integration of all program elements required for complete and successful execution through the factory to delivery.
This position leads the Master Production Scheduling (MPS) in accomplishment of the following.....
- Leads preparation, development and integration of complex Master Production Schedules including supporting elements such as facilities, tooling, parts fabrication, parts procurements, and assembly, modification, maintenance, integration & test and flight operations in order to meet all business offers, project or program execution objectives.
- Development of recurring manufacturing / assembly schedules that incorporate learning curves, TAKT, and resource optimization, establish right to left requirements for parts, tools, and engineering definition.
- Performs high-level capability and capacity visibility of key resources, formulating comprehensive recommendations to leadership.
- Performs what-if analyses to determine impacts, constraints and plans involving product development, production rates, process improvement, or program initiatives.
- Generates independent analyses, providing robust / actionable performance reporting to support Program and Operations Management understanding and decision-making.
- Ensures horizontal and vertical integration with program Integrated Master Schedules (IMSs) and all lower level factory schedules.
Finally, this leader must ensure that the IP&S team fulfills the expectations of Leadership, Integrity (reflected in the Independence and Accuracy of Analyses and Products), Transparency of Information, Urgency and Customer Focus as outlined in our IP&S Core Values.
Strategic vision, leadership and engagement are attributes critical to the success of this role. Specifically, setting high expectations, a systems understanding and ability to integrate, in addition to leading change, are key capabilities for an individual interested in fulfilling this role.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
- This position requires the ability to obtain badging for NASA facility access.
- This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Master Production Scheduling.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in leading a Planning & Scheduling team.
- Ability to apply expertise in Master Production Scheduling principles to ensure establishment of executable plans and schedules.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to organize, engage and motivate a team of talented professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, equip and deploy an effective team through the use of multiple techniques (coaching, mentoring, developmental and rotational opportunities, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to motivate a team through multiple techniques.
- Implements initiatives to recognize employee achievements, increase employee satisfaction and retention of a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement and champions IP&S-wide process and efficiency improvements.
- Ensures individual and team focus on building relationships with internal and external customers.
- Builds partnerships with other functions to enable cross-functional integration, a key to effective integrated planning and scheduling.
- Provides team focus through translation of enterprise, business, divisional, program and functional strategies, goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Previous NASA experience.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Manager with Direct Reports
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award