16 days ago
Requisition ID: 9030
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Material Handler 2 to join our team in Wilsonville, OR (1700). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Performs the physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies, and equipment while utilizing established processes that ensure consistency, repeatability and minimal variability.
* Under limited supervision, performs a variety of moderately complex material handling and/or material storing/distributing tasks.
* Receives little instruction on daily work to release parts to/from Stockroom/Warehouse and release parts approved by the system. Fills orders or issues supplies from stock; requisitions stock to fill incoming orders.
* Examines stock to verify conformance to specifications and invoices, responsible for solving moderately difficult problems.
* Processes and prepares appropriate documentation for goods to be returned to stock or for rework.
* Interacts basically with internal customers to ensure satisfaction and accuracy of shipment and receiving records.
* Participates, as requested, in Lean activities and contributes ideas for continuous improvement.
* May unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices. Maintains records of received goods and rejects unsatisfactory items.
* May receive, store, and issue equipment, materials, and supplies in a central warehouse. Examines stock to verify conformance to specifications and invoices; stores articles according to identifying factors. Fills orders or issues supplies from stock; requisitions stock to fill incoming orders. Prepares kitting packages for assembly production.
* May prepare and maintain records of product shipped. Post weights and shipping charges and prepares goods for final shipment.
* May cycle count inventory items.
* Required to enter time in FIT timekeeping system, charging time to programs being worked and time/attendance.
* Regular and reliable attendance is required as well as flexibility to support production schedule requiring working overtime hours and alternate shift hours.
* Work in a safe manner, per Rockwell Collins Environmental Health and Safety policies.
* May be required to perform additional duties/responsibilities.
* Quality - perform within the limits of quality defect policy
* Performance - consistently performs at expected or greater productivity levels
* Attendance - Regular and reliable attendance is required, performing within the limits of attendance policies
* High School Diploma or equivalent; identified skills and experience
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
* SAP Experience
* Material handling experience
* Extreme level of detail required
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.