3 months ago
UTC Aerospace Systems, a division of United Technologies Corporation, one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of $14 billion. We currently have a material handler position located in Vergennes, Vermont. This position will include the following responsibilities:
* Gather parts and units required by various product lines.
* Remove materials from shipping containers to prepare for production.
* Accurately read and follow work orders, procedures, routing, and other work instructions.
* Deliver gathered parts and units to necessary areas.
* Take ownership for accuracy of inventory and lot batch traceability
* Responsible for quality.
* Meet internal customer production deadlines through delivery of material.
* Build kits and gather units that meet production schedules.
* Responsible to comply with applicable elements of quality systems.
* Work successfully in a team environment.
* Plan and prioritize work to meet production schedules and quality requirements.
* Handle multiple tasks.
* Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certifications as required.
* Understand end uses of products being built.
* Request tools and supplies in accordance with project requirements.
* Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
* Participate in cost reduction, scrap reduction, lean, process improvement, etc.
* Train and/or coach others as needed.
* Demonstrate a proactive role in problem solving
* Demonstrate initiative to keep processes moving and on schedule.
* Understand and use computer tools such as SAP.
* Achieve special process certification where applicable.
* Perform process inspection.
* Interface with other functional groups to update, inform, acknowledge or resolve problems related to business issues.
* Effectively interact with others.
* Participate in audits.
* Acknowledge, verify and record the accuracy, quantity and condition of material received.
* Examination and verification of all items for damage and accuracy of item type and quantity.
* Initiation of system transaction to facilitate item issue/receipt.
* Production experience is preferred.
* Ability to read and follow detailed instructions.
* Must be able to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
* Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important.
* Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceed customer expectations.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, detailed instructions, and work instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Minimum Education Requirement: High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum Experience: Less than 3 months
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.