11 months ago
Triumph Engine Control Systems is a leading global independent aerospace fuel system supplier for the commercial, military, helicopter and business jet markets. Based in West Hartford, CT, Triumph employs approximately 500 employees. The Company’s key products and services include electronic engine controls, fuel metering units and main fuel pumps for both the OE and aftermarket / spares end markets.
We are looking to fill a Material Handler – Receiving Clerk position for 2nd shift in West Hartford, CT. This is a bargaining unit position (UAW), with an excellent wage and benefits package. Responsibilities include the following:
* Prepare for and perform operations in connection with receiving, storing and disbursing items from various vendors. Maintain up-to-date records of material received and disbursed.
* Notify the Purchasing Department of over shipments and duplicate orders.
* Perform inside and outside trucking duties as required. In addition, may be required to handle pick-ups/deliveries within a 15 mile radius of the West Hartford Facility, or as assigned.
* Plan work assignments in accordance with requisition and receiving schedules.
* Receive materials and where necessary cut off samples for a lab check. Upon lab acceptance, store bar stock in specified locations and direct or deliver other materials to their designation.
* Store and issue small casings, forgings and other materials according to part number and count.
* Maintain department in orderly fashion to reduce hazards. Perform other details necessary to accomplish assigned work.
* High School Diploma required.
* Good communications skills and the ability to work well within a team.
* Prior experience within a manufacturing environment a plus.
* Must be able to read and interpret instructions.
* Ability to operate small hand tools such as a cut-off saw and/or cut-off grinding wheel.
* Ability to operate over the road and/or electric hand trucks to pick up/deliver materials.
* Proven experience utilizing simple measuring tools.
* Ability to multi-task in this high volume, face-paced environment is needed.
* Candidates must have a valid, current Driver’s License with a good driving record.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
All Positions at Triumph Engine Control Systems require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US Citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents (*green card holders*) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans