5 months ago
Our Lenexa facility specializes the production of Oxygen Life Support Systems and Galley Inserts Beverage Maker Products. Our Oxygen and Beverage Maker small parts assembly manufacturing, focuses on safety and quality products production into the field for aircraft crew and passengers.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Temporary Material Handler in our Oxygen & PSU Systems business located in Lenexa, Kansas.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the Material Handler will transfer material, equipment, kits, parts and supplies; facilitating an efficient flow through the production/assembly area.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
* Physically transfers material to assembly work stations; transfers completed assemblies between work areas or cost centers.
* Maintains bench stock.
* Locates materials and transfers parts within the plant.
* Verifies and maintains stock documentation and shortage reports.
* May utilize small hand tools and operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet handlers, skids, and hand trucks.
* Provides direction and training to lower-level associates.
* Reads blueprints to verify incoming parts.
* Communicates daily with vendors, customers and fellow associates.
* Prepares and processes all required paperwork for shipments using JDE program.
* Provides supervisor/manager with spreadsheets and reports regarding workflow.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.