3 months ago
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Transport Workers Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The work of the Material Logistics Specialists classification, depending upon assignment, includes any or all of the following:
Requisitioning, receiving, storing, stock chasing, disbursing, transferring, exchanging, returning to factory, shipping, delivering, rearranging stock, not stock, equipment, supplies, and materials charged to Stores inventory as required while in the custody of the Stores Division.
Setting up of necessary facilities to carry out these duties, and associated miscellaneous activities are accomplished by such operations as: Counting physical inventory, checking minimums and maximums, originating and checking and routing forms according to procedure.
Identifying items; lifting, carrying, binning, and pulling items from stock; loading, unloading, packing and unpacking items, and related physical work.
Checks items handled against requisitioning or accompanying forms to identify any apparent mishandling, discrepancy or other error; corrects routine errors and refers others to supervisor; refers to parts catalogues, parts lists, location index, Company manuals, to identify and locate items.
Stores a wide variety of tools, jigs, fixtures, equipment and materials and issues them upon request to authorized personnel; upon receipt of replacement items or return of issued items, checks against appropriate requisition form for discrepancies by such operations as counting items, examining items visually and manually for defects or wear.
Corrects routine errors in forms and refers others to supervisor; bins items in serviceable condition, sorts non-serviceable items into salvage or scrap bins according to their condition; makes minor repairs.
Maintains inventory within established specifications and in serviceable condition by following the appropriate procedure to exchange a broken tool, to request repairs, or to requisition additional supplies; reports overdue items and shortages to supervisor.
May pack or unpack items kept in tool crib.
As may apply to work assignment, uses drill, grinder, small tools.
Exchanges information with Inventory Records personnel.
Follows up purchasing on selected incomplete items. Gives data on stock to authorized Company personnel, especially Stores, Inventory Control, Maintenance, Treasury and Communications personnel.
Keeps work and adjacent areas clear. Stores items according to Company, fire, safety, and "good housekeeping" regulations and practices. Cleans and services equipment used to keep it in operating condition and presentable and reports need for repairs.
Works according to Company regulations and procedures and instructions from Crew Chief or supervisor.
As may apply to work assignment, climbs on ladders, bins, etc.; drives or guides powered equipment such as industrial tractors with or without a trailer, fork lift, truck or station wagon, power saw; uses hand tools such as hammer, crow bar, pliers, screwdrivers, wrench; uses industrial scales, uses cleaning equipment such as broom, dust cloth, dust pan, and rags, and any other equipment used to aid in carrying out assigned duties in the most efficient manner.
* HS diploma or GED required
* Applicants must have either successfully completed two years (equivalent) of college or have received a certificate from an acceptable trade/technical school or must have twelve (12) or more months of acceptable experience in general warehouse or similar type supply function involving receiving, shipping and binning material by parts and serial number
* Applicable valid drivers license as required by local authorities
* Successful completion of all required qualifying tests; including hazardous material handling
* Work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days off
* Work overtime on short notice in emergencies or when operationally necessary
* Read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
* Read and write legibly to complete forms and/or acknowledge messages, as well as identify company part numbers, invoice, bill of lading, and shipper numbers, as required
* Ability to distinguish colors
* Use simple arithmetic (Addition and subtraction of six-digit numbers)
* Must have knowledge of and ability to use basic computer skills
* Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
* Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
* Reports to work on a regular and timely basis
* Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 14983
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Logistics, Supply, Operations