10 days ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Material Planning and Execution Specialist will support coordination, demand, and fulfillment of material flow (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules for the GE On Wing Support. Work with site production leaders and planners to schedule all material needs for engine repair within the On Wing support site. The Materials Planning and Execution Specialist will report to the Senior Materials Planning and Execution Manager.
In addition, the Material Planning and Execution Specialist will:
* Own Material fulfillment function within the GE OWS facility including managing all incoming and outgoing material to support technician job activities including critical material elevation
* Work for quick resolution with strong sense of urgency
* Develop and implement effective inventory management strategy that assures inventory levels are kept at lean levels which still support shop operations
* Improve inventory accuracy through increased oversight and regular cycle counts
* Segregate site stockroom and COP (customer owned property)
* Accurately maintain necessary records created during internal assembly and external material transfer including completion of applicable work package reviews for material and fiscal accuracy
* Manage and own Gate 2 (repair and kitting cycle) metrics through liaison with technicians and planning team
* Report progress toward Gate 2 targets to keep site and broader OWS leadership team informed of any concerns which require additional support. Improve timeliness of material receipt to shop floor
* Maximize generation of Operating Margin & CSA Productivity through rotable burn initiatives and used part procurement, ensuring customer contractual obligations are met
* Work in partnership with repair engineering to identify opportunities for material recovery
* Alternatively, instigate pre-shipment “Beyond Economic Repair” decision-making with Engineering
* Trace hardware through the Gate 2 vendor cycle
* Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels, and reduce total costs
* Support negotiation and coordination with freight agents to ensure associated transportation and compliance costs are allocated correctly
* Work with global traffic team to further review all opportunities for cost reductions, while maintaining company confidentiality for previously negotiated freight rates
* Ensure operational alignment with production plan and defined KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
* Actively partner with Production leader in production planning and provide inputs from materials perspective
* Serve as site liaison to HM Customs and Excise as well as any ITC or related compliance issues
* Create order demand in iROWCS (On Wing Support Portal) including creation / duplication of internal material demand with both internal and external sources
* Use discretion on bulk ordering to decrease number of POs issued and number of packages to receive
* Perform routine analysis of frequently consumed part numbers and respond with effective action for kitting and bundling opportunities
* Update Master Request for Material (RFM) with purchasing details and tracking information to keep site leadership and production team informed of delivery status
* Upon receipt / incoming inspection, review applicable paperwork and contents for errors or damage, close iROWCS parts orders, issue parts to floor and record part / qty on work order, and stock / shelve remaining quantities
* Document and work to standardize process steps
* Develop suggestions for small process improvements where needed
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing environment)
Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Manufacturing, Operations, or Materials Management position including procurement functions
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in utilizing planning systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
* Ability to work and communicate in a well-organized and structured manner
* Ability to work independently in a self-directed team environment and effectively perform under pressure
* Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize and coordinate several projects and priorities simultaneously
* Analytical and computer literacy skills, including a solid understanding of spreadsheet software
* Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to interface with large cross-section of GE business and external stakeholders. Professional attributes allowing effective communication with customers, auditors, etc.
* Proven track record of delivery in a challenging role
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Texas; Grand Prairie, Dallas, Arlington, Fort Worth
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.