|Materials and Process Engineer|
|Description:||Materials and Process Engineer - Technical Specialist II
Location: Savannah, GA
Rate: $55.00 - $63.00/HR
Long Term contract
- Lead engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development.
- Majority of the engineering projects and critical problems involve polymer matrix composites technology.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field. Thirteen (13) years in polymer matrix composites.
- Experience generating FAA approved material test plans, equivalency test plans and reports required.
- Experience generating material and process specifications, performing statistical analysis of material qualification data and material allowable, test plans, and reports required.
- Experience performing root cause analysis and documenting results and recommendations.
- Experience with Project Management earned value system.
- Demonstrates a productive working relationship with material suppliers.
- Supports continuous improvement of products and processes by designing, developing, fabricating, testing, evaluating and implementing new concepts and technology.
- Reviews and approves multi-discipline Smarteam workflows from an M&P perspective.
- Knowledge of Smarteam and Catia V5 required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of company products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues 2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field 3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities 4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule 5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results 6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
Additional Functions: 1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product 2. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred 2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
|Location||Savannah , GA|
|Minimum Experience (yrs):||13+|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's of Science|