8 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52201BR Date posted 08/11/City Rockford
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Actuation Systems, Regional Business Jet Programs in Rockford, IL is seeking a Materials Planner to manage material supply to meet production schedules and to ensure inventory levels support operational/production efficiencies. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong organizational skills, attention to detail and proven experience driving continuous improvement initiatives. Additional responsibilities include:
* Maintain and create new BOMs and routings in SAP.
* Perform Inventory analysis, support program shortages and implement demand changes in SAP as needed.
* Maintain and support Line of Balances for assigned programs.
* Partner with our Supply Chain to ensure our products schedules are supported
* Release hardware kits from our logistics partner.
* Ensure as required materials are in stock and available to support product schedules Track, monitor and support products until stocked.
* Support quality by issuing replacement parts and making work order changes to support proper cost accounting for non-conforming material issues.
* Perform BOM audits, inventory reduction, excess and obsolete reviews as needed
* Participate and support cost reduction projects.
Assess volume requirements based on inventory and customer demand.
Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries
Understand and manage risks to reduce impact on production schedules.
Manage corrective action process regarding material shortages that impact production delivery.
Initiated and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement.
Update and maintain Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) to ensure that data is accurate and resolve any issues as required.
Manage inventory accuracy and levels based on approved target levels.
* Experience working as a production planner required
* Experienced in creating new as well maintaining production routing(s) and BOM in SAP.
* Proven leadership of continuous process improvement, utilizing ACE tools.
* Must be able to communicate with hourly workers, engineers and managers at all levels of authority.
* Positive ‘can-do’ attitude, strong work ethic and a self-starter.
* Effective communication skills.
* Able to work in a very dynamic fast paced work environment.
* Experienced in creating new, and maintaining production routing(s) and BOM in SAP.
* Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, SharePoint & Visio.
* Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or a related field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.