6 months ago
The Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) organization is seeking a Materials, Process & Physics Engineer (Level 2) to join the Manufacturing Research & Development (MR&D) team located in Ridley Park, PA.
The main focus of this assignment will be CH47 Chinook factory support. This includes being co-located on the factory floor working with existing processes and equipment associated with the rotorcraft production line, identifying effective manufacturing technology (processes, tools and equipment) to accomplish the build work statement, supporting repair of defective conditions on the aircraft, project management skills, specifically for projects that develop and insert manufacturing technology into current or future build process, and daily interaction with shop personnel. Identify safety and ergonomic improvements. Provide portable and perishable tool recommendations.
Your duties as an engineer will include (but are not limited to):
* Defines engineering requirements to develop, select, or recommend parts, materials, processes, manufacturing technology, machines, devices, tools and automation used in the manufacture of products
* Develops and maintains specifications and other documents that manage and regulate the deployment of materials, parts and processes
* Evaluates emerging automation, robotics
* Integrates new technologies as appropriate
* Applies knowledge of Boeing parts, materials, and processes to assess, resolve and optimize product and process issues throughout the Boeing product lifecycle
* Designs, develops, tests and qualifies manufacturing technology, machines and devices, tools, automation, robots, electrical parts and materials, electronic assemblies, computer and production systems to satisfy user requirements
* Review and approve part, material, and process callouts on engineering drawings, review design, tooling, manufacturing and assembly for produciblity, safety and quality
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* Engineering experience
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Initiative, teaming, planning, project management and communication skills
* Ability to innovate and strategize, as well as work with details to drive projects to successful completion and implementation
* Ability to work with factory mechanics, as well as other support organizations such as Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Industrial Engineering, and Design Engineering
* Engineering degree preferred
* Familiar with a computer aided design package such as CAD & CATIA
* Experience working with manufacturing, materials and assembly processes
* Experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment
* Automation experience in Aerospace, Automotive, or similar industries
* Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and occasional weekends when necessary to support factory and operations activities
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position is located in Ridley Park, PA and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award