6 months ago
The Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) Materials & Processes Design Team is seeking a talented and highly motivated M&P engineer to lead a team of M&P engineers in support of the Ground Based Strategic Missile Defense (GBSD) program.
In support of the GBSD team, the engineer will be responsible for:
* Developing and maintaining specifications and other documents that manage and regulate the deployment of materials, parts and processes
* Evaluating emerging automation, robotics, additive manufacturing and other technologies for potential application to business needs
* Developing, qualifying and certifying new metallic materials, parts, and metal forming processes to meet Air Force requirements
* Managing audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements.
• Appling knowledge of Boeing parts, materials, and processes to assess, resolve and optimize product and process issues throughout the Boeing product lifecycle
* Developing and maintaining relationships with internal program and external Air Force customers, stakeholders, suppliers, partners, and peers to ensure products and services meet requirements
* Maintaining compliance with contractual and regulatory obligations.
* Promoting standardization across business activities
* Applies knowledge of one or more materials, processes and physics engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanics, chemistry, metallurgy, material science, physics, etc.) in order to support the engineering and manufacture of Boeing products with regard to the design, production, application and maintenance of electrical, mechanical and structural systems
* Uses analytical problem solving skills to resolve problems for company suppliers and provide post production support
* Uses engineering skills to deliver materials and processes that affect costs, delivery, or performance.
* Applies engineering knowledge to write engineering standards and develop research projects to resolve problems and improve manufacturing processes
* Applies knowledge of material properties to develop, select, or recommend parts, materials and processes that meet the environmental and regulatory requirements for chemical, environmental, mechanical, and electrical systems
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
* Experience reading and analyzing engineering drawings
* Experience conducting supplier audits
* Experience leading a team or program
* Knowledge of one or more engineering disciplines (e.g., electricity, electronics, mechanics, chemistry, material science, physics, etc.) in order to support the engineering of aerospace products with regard to their design, production, application, and maintenance
* Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team preferred
* Experience with missile systems preferred
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award