StandardAero’s Augusta, Georgia facility houses one of North America’s most capable corporate jet services facilities. For over 30 years the Augusta operation has served the corporate aviation community. With over 185 technicians, each averaging 15 years of employment at Augusta, we can perform virtually any maintenance event scheduled or unscheduled. We are an authorized service center for Bombardier Challenger, Dassault Falcon Jet, and Honeywell TFE-731 and TPE 331 engines, and Honeywell 36 series APUs.
A&P MECHANIC (FALCON)
The A&P Mechanic is responsible for performing routine maintenance and major inspections on turbofan powered aircraft.
• Removes and re-installs engines from turbofan and turboprop powered aircraft.
• Performs operational checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure.
• Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals.
• Evaluates removed components for serviceability and documents discrepancies (squawks). Re-installs and tests components after completed inspection.
• Troubleshoots and repairs all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc). May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft.
• Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
• Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters, and Airworthiness Directives as required.
• Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals, and schematic diagrams when required.
• Analyzes a variety of mechanical problems and determines the cause and best method of repair.
• Tests operation and repairs/adjusts, as required: engines, engine controls and accessories, propellers and controls, landing gear, hydraulic systems and servicing, and flight controls, and adjusts rigging as required.
• Checks and repairs fuel, oil, oxygen, heating, cooling and pressurization systems.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• A valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License required.
• Minimum of 5 years experience performing inspections and routine maintenance on Dassault Falcon Jet aircraft required.
• Factory authorized training on assigned aircraft or engine is preferred.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must have mechanical and technical aptitude, and must show technical competency on assigned aircraft/engine(s).
• Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written. Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted; stand a minimum of 8 hours per day and walk long distances; bend, stretch, crawl, and climb ladders in order to work on areas within the aircraft that are difficult to access.
• Must be able to work outside in extremes of temperature and inclement weather.