about 1 month ago
Mechanic - Aero AL
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54061BR Date posted 09/22/City Foley
Every second, a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) designs, manufactures and integrates nacelles, thrust reversers, pylons and flight control surfaces for commercial and military aircraft. The Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facility in Foley, Alabama, specializes in the maintenance and repair of nacelles - Thrust Reversers, Pylons, Inlet and Fan Cowls, Exhaust Nozzles and a variety of Engine Build Up and Quick Engine Change components. Annual sales for the Foley site are $115M, and we employ 300 people. We are seeking employees who are excited to be a part of our team! Apply today! The MRO Americas team is looking for a Mechanic to join our team.
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Service, repair and overhaul aircraft to insure airworthiness
* Reads and interprets manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings, engineering orders, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement, or modification.
* Performs functionality and interchangeability dis-assemble, repairs & assembles sheet metal components on detail, assembly, hydraulic, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
* Prepares necessary paperwork to meet company, regulatory and customer requirements to accomplish tasks.
* Performs repairs on various types of aircraft components, while maintaining company specifications, industry standards, regulatory specifications, and customer specifications.
* Aid in evaluation to insure corrective measures; aid quality inspectors in completion of unit return to service.
* Performs multiple tasks demonstrating a general mechanical ability to work various aircraft component repairs and rework using hand tools like drills, power tools and precision measuring instruments.
* Operates forklift, overhead crane, sanders, paint guns, and basic hand tools.
* Follows all safety and environment practices. Is aware of and looks for potential safety hazards.
* Other duties as required.
* Three (3) years’ experience in disassembly, assembly, maintenance, repair and overhaul, and installation of various aircraft components in an MRO environment.
* Successful completion of pre-employment competency assessment(s) required prior to interview.
* Ability to successfully complete a Powered Industrial Vehicle Physical.
* Experience in aircraft manufacturing, installation, and repair/overhaul of aircraft components.
* Familiar with aircraft specifications as applied to final and in-process inspections.
* Mechanical aptitude.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, Standard Repair Manuals (SRM), & aircraft maintenance manuals.
* Working knowledge of Federal Aircraft Regulations (FAR).
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
* Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers, etc.
* Ability to be regular and predictable in attendance.
* Ability to work under stress, common deadlines and under pressure.
* Ability to follow rules and policies of the company.
* Ability to understand and interpret technical documentation.
* Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
* Must read, write, speak and understand English language.
* Ability to provide verification of US Citizenship or permanent residency to satisfy ITAR/EAR restrictions.
* Must be able to work varying shifts, including but not limited to nights, weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime as required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* May be required to pass annual certification test verifying ability to operate machinery, equipment, forklift, overhead crane, sealant, and torque.
* Physical requirements:
* Ability to sit, walk, stand, reach, stoop, bend, climb, twist, crouch, squat, kneel, turn/pivot, push/pull, lift up to 50 lbs. for 8+ hours per day
* Close vision, Color Vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception
* Ability to operate forklift, overhead crane, sanders, paint guns, and basic hand tools.
* Must be willing to relocate to Foley, Alabama: No relocation or interview travel reimbursement available at this time.
Education: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.