2 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Mechanical Assembler 2 to join our team in Melbourne, FL. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
* Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of moderately complex mechanical tasks following Rockwell Collins workmanship standards.
* Must be able to follow/read blueprints, wiring schematics, written work instructions and verbal instructions to build and assemble mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, top level assemblies and complete assemblies.
* Required to use hand tools and power tools to assemble and rework a variety of parts/assemblies and perform required assembly/rework operations to meet quality standards. Soldering may be required for some positions.
* Responsible for various SAP transactions to record operations.
* Inspects own work on mechanical assemblies to insure a quality product which conforms to workmanship standards and engineering requirements.
* May be required to train lower level Mechanical Assemblers in assemble techniques.
* Understands and applies Lean principles and tools to accomplish tasks.
* Demonstrates personal accountability for success of assigned area(s) and shows personal leadership in assisting the team in achieving their goals.
* Required to enter time in FIT timekeeping system, charging time to programs being worked and time/attendance.
* Regular and reliable attendance is required as well as flexibility to support production schedule requiring working overtime hours and alternate shift hours.
* Work in a safe manner, per Rockwell Collins Environmental Health and Safety policies.
* May be required to perform additional duties/responsibilities as needed.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* US Citizenship or Permanent residency
* Ability to lift/move heavy parts and/or equipment weighing up to 55 pounds
* Ability to read and interpret reasonably complex machine part drawings and understand tolerance requirements
* Precision mechanical assembly and/or machine shop experience highly desirable
* Familiarity with common tools and measurement equipment, (ie: torque wrenches, calibers, dial gauges, etc) extremely helpful
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.