2 months ago
Mechanical Design Analyst (Structural, Thermal, Dynamic)
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54921BR Date posted 10/07/City Rockford
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within UTAS and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years. Our passion for supporting the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Analyst (Structural, Thermal, Dynamic) at our Rockford, IL location. The incumbent will be responsible for the design, development and analysis of specific mechanical engineering problems including: linear as well as non-linear structural analysis; fatigue and fracture analysis; steady-state and dynamic thermal analysis; steady and dynamic fluid analysis; mechanical oscillations and vibration analysis. Position will be responsible for several project components or complex component of a larger project.
Space System’s Rockford current equipment design and analysis responsibilities range from simple frames and general equipment enclosures through rotating machinery including generators and turbines. Our products operate in environments from beneath the ocean to deep-space.
Experienced in manual analytical methods as well as computer aided engineering methods
Prior experience in one or more of the following design tools
* ANSYS, PRO-E, CREOLE, NX, Other Modeling and Analysis Tools.
* Contributes to their team or department by applying their knowledge of one or more functional areas and participating in team meetings.
* Must be a self-starter, willing and able to work with/without regular guidance or direction.
* Capable of leading and/or supporting failure investigations to identify original root cause.
* Familiar with traditional manufacturing methods, practices, and materials. This position may require travel to suppliers, test facilities, or customer sites as much as 10% a year.
* Proficient with MS Office
* Due to Federal contracts US Citizenship required.
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug- Free Workforce
Education: BA/BS Mechanical Engineering degree or related field w/6+ years experience
* MA/MS degree w/4+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.