Development of engineering design data within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and HAECO standards of quality, while providing technical guidance to design staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Provide technical support and guidance to engineering personnel of various disciplines for engineering programs in which HAECO Cabin Solutions is involved. Assist and guide Engineers in accomplishing designs.
2. Develop well defined HAECO statements of work from limited customer provided specification information and knowledge of Airframe and Regulatory requirements.
3. Complete feasibility studies to assist with the development of HAECO proposals and statements of work from limited specification information.
4. Develop and produce design data required for the proper manufacture, assembly and installation of aircraft modifications and components.
5. Develop preliminary engineering analysis necessary to substantiate aircraft modifications.
6. Review the design data produced by less experienced Design Engineers.
7. Assist with development of less experienced Design Engineers by acting as a mentor/resource.
8. Coordinate with Certification to ensure design data aligns with the timing and content needs for substantiation of the seating design.
9. Interface with other HAECO departments to ensure customer & HAECO requirements are met.
10. Interface with the Certification and Structures group to ensure that all designs meet the established Airframe, FAA, EASA and local regulatory authority criteria.
11. Convert limited specification information into engineering design data for use in part manufacturing and installation.
12. Support various design review meetings with customers.
13. Provide technical support to HAECO Manufacturing during the manufacturing and assembly phases of HAECO developed designs.
14. Provide support and supervision during installation of modifications at remote locations.
15. Develop expertise with aircraft seat design concepts and industry design and test standards, CFRs and Airframe requirements.
16. Support other Engineering groups as workload requirements dictate.
17. Become familiar with and adhere to HAECO Cabin Solutions internal policies and procedures. Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems.
18. Support, in a professional manner, customers, major manufacturers, vendors, FAA, or other outside agencies to promote and support HAECO technical & commercial interests
19. Must be able to work autonomously on complex design tasks.