7 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
The Executive Aircraft Seating division manufactures interior products for business jets. Realize your full potential, in our dynamic and fast-paced environment where ideas, talents and experiences are valued. It is conveniently located between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Mechanical Design Engineer in our Executive Aircraft Seating business located in Medley, FL.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible to do the planning and design of mechanical equipment; and the oversight of the installation, operation and maintenance of the equipment. In addition, responsibilities include performing standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project as well as selecting engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
* Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment.
* Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
* Provides technical leadership to a small group of temporarily assigned engineers and technicians.
* Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
* Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
* Performs other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from four-year college or university.
* A minimum of three years related experience and/or training.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, associates, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
* Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.