4 months ago
Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG) has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the Commercial Aircraft Market for over six decades. Bill Moog’s invention enabled the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft. Today Moog offers integrated flight control solutions, actuation control systems, and product based solutions for much of the commercial aircraft market, both here in the US and Globally.
As a Mechanical Engineer in Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG), you will be responsible for providing a high degree of technical support to the Assembly and Test (A&T) areas for electronics assembly processes in Moog East Aurora, and various supply chain locations, within the Aircraft products business unit. This support will be in the form of mechanical Finite Element Analysis, GDT analysis, and ownership of mechanical assembly issues for circuit card and control unit assembly.
Here’s what you’ll work on:
• Working with design thru the full product life cycle.
• You will be involved in all stages from concept development to detail design, manufacture and test.
• Hands on experience, you will work closely with manufacturing, quality and design through the development and manufacture of new products.
• Opportunities to use a broad range of skills . You are expected to utilize multiple engineering skills, however you have the ability to tap into resources from various supply chain sites.
• You will be making a significant contribution to the evolution of conceptual design, technical project planning, detail design, development testing.
• You will be relied upon to work independently and on a team other passionate professionals like yourself.
• Provide mechanical tolerance analysis for new and existing products
• Supply mechanical analysis support for supply chain
These are the skills you’ll bring with you:
• BS in Mechanical Engineering.
• At least 5 years of relevant engineering experience
• To fulfill the demands of new product design and sustaining product support, you will need to show self-starting instincts, an aptitude for creative synthesis, and the ability to utilize and quickly learn advanced design and /or analysis techniques.
• Solid communication skills- this won’t be that engineering job where you just at a computer all day. You’ll constantly be engaging with customers, program manager, manufacturing teams and other engineering staff throughout Moog and the supply chain.
• Due to U.S. Government and Military contracts, candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or green card holder
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran