8 months ago
**MUST have an Active Secret Clearance or to have had one within the last 2 years**
- The position will require the individual to hold a major contributing role within the overall Engineering organization; as such they will be expected to prepare and present materials for peer reviews, design reviews, DFM discussion, and group discussions on technical aspects of the design.
- The Engineer will be expected to lead the design effort for system sub-assemblies or potentially for small self-contained systems.
- The designs will comply with applicable military specifications, SAE, ANSI, ASME, and other related design and drafting standards.
- The individual will be expected to work cross functionally within the Engineering organization as well as across the company.
Ongoing job responsibilities include:
â€¢ Designs components and assemblies using commodities including sheet metal & machined components
â€¢ Provides technical experience for design and manufacturing related matters
â€¢ Mechanical design and associated program deliverables on subassemblies or small self-contained systems
â€¢ Design and release drawings to meet internal and external commitments.
â€¢ Updates on project progress and roadblocks.
â€¢ Provide input to System Engineer for design specifications for components, assembled parts and equipment for design validation.
â€¢ Demonstrate manufacturing feasibility and technical justification for selected design approach
â€¢ Support product lifecycle management ushering a product from concept through production implementation.
- 4+ years of experience with CATIA V5 and MS Office Suite.
- Team Center Engineering experience
- C130 Familiarity
- Job Scope /IT reports experience