4 months ago
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58647BR Date posted 01/05/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
ES is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will participate on a team to evaluate customer level requirements and generate subsystem component requirements for Jet Engines. The successful candidate will participate on a team to evaluate customer level requirements for Jet Engines and validate by analysis that the performance criteria is being met.
In this role you will participate in a full range of engineering activities including system design, modeling, analysis, development, testing and product support. Additional responsibilities include:
* Manage systems requirements definition, functional decomposition, and requirements management within the context of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment.
* Technical interface to the customer and can expect to speak on technical matters during program reviews, status meetings, and other formal and informal interactions with the customer.
* Broad-based design and analysis of complex systems, and may involve "hands-on" hardware testing.
* Define technical objectives for Design Verification & Validation
* Requirements Analysis and Development
* Architecture Design
* Development Testing, Verification & lifecycle documentation
* Adherence to Configuration Management and Change Control
* Conduct/Participate in Design Reviews, Customer Audits
* Manage many tasks simultaneously
* Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Strong customer communication skills
Qualification: Familiarity with fuel metering controls, and mechanical components, in general, as well as basic working knowledge of control systems is desired.
Must have the ability to apply mechanical/ hydro mechanical principals to analyze hardware, recommend corrective action, conduct engineering investigations and develop/conduct tests.
Good oral and written skills, coupled with a strong grasp of all Microsoft Office products and MS Project tools are necessary, along with the ability to work in a team environment.
The successful candidate will possess a positive "can do" attitude, good presentation skills, respect for others, confidence, and patience.
US Citizenship Required
BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.