12 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
To learn more about the history of WESCAM..
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Assemble, repair, rework and/or troubleshoot complex electromechanical assemblies
* Maintenance of system file and tracking assembly documents
* Ensure all tasks are completed to customer's required delivery date
* Generate Non-Conformance Reports
* Afternoon shift work required
* Strong Electronics and Mechanical background including assembly, tuning and troubleshooting Electronic/Mechanical devices
* Familiarity with reading and understanding technical drawings and schematics
* Thorough understanding of techniques in the use of hand tools, soldering, crimping and measurement equipment
* Excellent manual dexterity
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work within a team environment
Experience & Education Requirements
* 1 - 2+ years experience in the Mechanical and Electronics field
* Previous experience working in a ISO9000, AS9100 environment an asset
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing an asset
* Community College Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical technology or equivalent experience
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Afternoon - 2nd
: Division L-3 Wescam