11 days ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Maintain, repair, systematic troubleshooting and rebuilding of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on advanced automated equipment and machinery. Inspect and test electronic and mechanical equipment and devices to identify and proactively correct potential failures. Plan and schedule repair activities to minimize production downtime including working over shutdowns, weekends and holidays. Interpret and follow complicated drawings, instructions and specifications. Proficiency in knowledge of control elements, power supplies, control circuits, instruments, relay logic, integrated circuits, AC/DC motors, motor controllers, hydraulics, mechanical power transmission, mechanical controls,SCRs, pumps and linear slide systems. Able to read, understand and program PLC ladder logic for diagnostics and system upgrades. Observe all plant and department safety requirements during inspection and repair of equipment.
Equipment and machinery supported includes but not limited to:
1. AB SLC PLCs, Fanuc CNC and Siemens CNC machine control systems
2. SCADA systems and Operator Interfaces
3. Hydraulic, pneumatic and pump systems
4. CNC Turning Lathes and Milling Machines
5. Precision Grinding Machinery
6. Facility Infrastructure systems
7. Heat Treating furnaces
1. Pursuing Associates Degree in Mechatronics Technology and:
* completed 55 credit hours toward degree
* currently enrolled in a Technical College with anticipated graduation within 12 months
1. Mechanical and electronic maintenance experience on Timken bearing manufacturing equipment including: multi-surface grinders, hard and green turning lathes, centerless grinders, machining centers and support systems.
2. Ability to understand complicated electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings, advanced shop mathematics and handbook formulas.
3. Ability to learn, use and apply other forms of maintenance equipment such as optical alignment, vibration analyzers, ultrasonic detectors, oscilloscopes, etc.
4. Thorough knowledge of electronic, mechanical and electrical principles.
5. Must be willing to work any shift.
6. Must be willing to work over-time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.