Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Augment, advise and assist RSAF in an effective Metallurgical Laboratory and OJT operation.
2. Qualify a cadre of RSAF maintenance officers, specialists, supervisors and skilled technicians capable of assuming responsibility for the Metallurgical Laboratory as directed by RSAF.
3. Inspect and maintain Metallurgical Laboratory equipment.
4. Perform On-the-Job Training for assigned trainees. Documents all maintenance actions as prescribed by established procedures.
5. Perform tests and inspections on F-15 engine augmenter parts as required by regulation.
6. Analyze discrepancies and take appropriate action in accordance with established guidelines.
7. Order and receive parts.
8. Performs specialty assignments, can be but not limited to, AGE, special vehicle maintenance, and Intermediate Maintenance fabrication shops.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Minimum of four (4) years of metallurgical laboratory experience.
2. High School degree or higher.
3. Certificate of Training is desirable
4. Must have experience with specimen cutters, mounting presses, grinders/polishers with lubricant dispenser, metallurgical microscopes, Vickers Micro-Hardness Tester, Rockwell Hardness Tester, Photo micro graphs and Tensile Testers.
5. Must have the capability of developing and implementing operating procedures and training programs.
6. Must have current knowledge of etchants and reagents and the safety practices of the chemicals used.
Requires Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, Social Science, Education, Human Resources Development, and Psychology or other related disciplines and eight to ten years of experience or Master's degree and six to eight years of related experience or PhD and four to six years of related experience.