3 months ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
In a product cell, utilizing predetermined setups and operating methods, adjust and simultaneously operate a variety of numerically controlled and/or conventional equipment capable of performing various functions such as, but not limited to, forming, bonding, welding, machining, drilling, cutting, robotic and otherwise automated and/or manual assembly.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Perform all tasks involved in the preparation, set up and operation of thermal processing tools and equipment.
* Perform all tasks involved in the preparation of Super Plastic Forming (SPF) dies and SPF blanks for forming operations.
* Cut and check to quality specifications anything the cutting equipment is or may be adapted to produce.
* Create and maintain job files, set up data and backup data in support of all operations.
* Work with and interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc., to accomplish assigned work.
* Make preparations and adjustments as required insuring proper machine operation.
* Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
* Do routine preventative work to maintain and ensure cleanliness of equipment.
* Detect faulty tools and equipment, and take corrective action in accordance with shop practices and procedures.
* Diagnose and correct malfunctions occurring in machining and/or assembly process.
* Perform rework or reforming of parts as required which may require usage of equipment where pre-determined setups are not provided.
* Set automated or mechanized welding machine to prescribed certification setting and make any and all test samples to insure that the weld machine is operating within certification limits.
* Perform product finishing processes as necessary such as, but not limited to, scraping, spotfacing, counterboring, trimming, lapping, honing, grinding, sand blast, scotch brite, clean, and deburr.
* Perform necessary riveting, assembly or subassembly, including bonding and sealing as required.
* Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check machine readiness and to check completed parts for finish, dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
* Within the cell, perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
* Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
* Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
* Coordinate certification requirements of equipment.
* Work with Engineering, Planning, research engineers, etc. to originate and develop new procedures, techniques and production aids to facilitate equipment operations and to support design and implementation of new products.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP. High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15? "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Experience using a computer such as internet navigation, email, Microsoft Office and/or other specialized computer applications.
This position requires constant standing and walking, frequent bending at the waist, twisting, pushing/pulling, occasional kneeling and crawling, and lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds.
Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings.
Experience using an abrasive water jet machine to cut, trim, or shaping the following materials: Aluminum, Hard metal materials/parts, Composites.
At least one year experience working with metal at high temperature.
At least one year experience with forming metal parts.
At least one year experience with cutting metal parts with CNC, NC or Robotic control.
Able to work with and around hazardous materials (while using the proper protective equipment).
Hands on experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment in one of the following disciplines: Sealing, Electrical, Mechanical, Quality.
Experience with any of the following tasks: drilling, reaming, countersinking, riveting, close tolerance assembly operations, deburring, bushing installation, bucking rivets.
Training from a CORE PLUS program within manufacturing.
Training from a Community and Technical College program within manufacturing.
Contingent Upon Program Award